The lifeguard told the mother to make her young son stop urinating in the pool.
"Everyone knows," - the mother lectured him, "that from time to time, young children will urinate in a pool."
"Oh really?" said the lifeguard, "from the diving board!?!?"
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
n. Surgeon's small sharp knife. [latin scalpo scratch]
—v. Run and skip. —n. Act of scampering. [perhaps from *scamp]
n. - cause of public outrage.
- outrage etc. So caused. - malicious gossip. scandalous adj. Scandalously adv. [greek skandalon, = snare] SCANNER
n. - device for scanning or systematically examining all the parts of something.
- machine for measuring radiation, ultrasound reflections, etc., from the body as a diagnostic aid. SCAPULA
n. (pl. -lae or -s) shoulder-blade. [latin]
v. (-ies, -ied) 1 a make slight incisions in. B cut off skin from.
- hurt by severe criticism etc. - loosen (soil). scarification n. [greek skariphos stylus] - v. (-ies, -ied) colloq. Scare. SCARLET
fever n. Infectious bacterial fever with a scarlet rash.
- pimpernel n. Wild plant with small esp. Scarlet flowers. - woman n. Derog. Promiscuous woman, prostitute. - —adj. Of brilliant red tinged with orange. —n. - scarlet colour or pigment. - scarlet clothes or material (dressed in scarlet). [french escarlate] SCARPER
v. Slang run away, escape. [probably italian scappare escape]
pl. Of *scarf1.
—v. - a throw about; strew. B cover by scattering.
- a (cause to) move in flight etc.; disperse. B disperse or cause (hopes, clouds, etc.) To disperse. - (as scattered adj.) Wide apart or sporadic (scattered villages). - physics deflect or diffuse (light, particles, etc.). —n. - act of scattering. - small amount scattered. - extent of distribution. [probably var. Of *shatter]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
The world"s largest mammal, the blue whale, weighs 50 tons at birth. Fully grown, it weighs as much as 150 tons.