An admiral is standing by a candy machine at the Naval Academy in Annapolis when he stops a plebe walking by.
- "Sailor, do you have change for a dollar?"
- "Sure, buddy," - says the plebe, rooting around his pocket.
- "That"s no way to address an officer! Now let"s try it again. Do you have change for a dollar?"
The plebe snaps to attention and barks,
- "No, sir!"
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
n. - sample, esp. Of cloth.
- collection of samples. [origin unknown] SWATHE
—v. (-thing) bind or wrap in bandages or garments etc. —n. Bandage or wrapping. [old english]
—v. (-ving) (cause to) change direction, esp. Abruptly. —n. Swerving movement. [old english, = scour]
- —v. (-ving) (cause to) change direction, esp. Abruptly. —n. Swerving movement. [old english, = scour] SWITCH
—n. - device for completing and breaking an electric circuit.
- a transfer, change-over, or deviation. B exchange. - flexible shoot cut from a tree. - light tapering rod. - us railway points. —v. - (foll. By on, off) turn (an electrical device) on or off. - change or transfer. - exchange. - whip or flick with a switch. switch off colloq. Cease to pay attention. [low german] SWIVEL
chair n. Chair with a revolving seat.
- —n. Coupling between two parts enabling one to revolve without turning the other. —v. (-ll-; us -l-) turn on or as on a swivel. [old english] SYLVAN
adj. (also silvan) 1 a of the woods. B having woods.
- rural. [latin silva a wood] SYMBOL
n. - thing regarded as typifying or representing something (white is a symbol of purity).
- mark, sign, etc. Representing an object, idea, function, or process; logo. symbolic adj. Symbolically adv. [greek sumbolon] SYNDIC
n. Any of various university or government officials. [greek sundikos, = advocate]
n. - grammatical arrangement of words.
- rules or analysis of this. syntactic adj. Syntactically adv. [greek, = arrangement] SYRIAC
—n. Language of ancient syria, western aramaic. —adj. Of or in syriac.
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
Polar Bears trying to blend in with the ice will sometimes cover up their black nose with their paws.