A drummer, sick of all the drummer jokes, decides to change his instrument. After some thought, he decides on the accordion.
So he goes to the music store and says to the owner, "I"d like to look at the accordions, please."
The owner gestures to a shelf in the corner and says, "All our accordions are over there."
After browsing, the drummer says, "I think I"d like the big red one in the corner."
The store owner looks at him and says, "You"re a drummer, aren"t you?"
The drummer, crestfallen, says, "How did you know?"
The store owner says, "That "big red accordion" is the radiator."
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
n. - late evening snack.
- evening meal, esp. Light. [french souper] SUPPLE
adj. (suppler, supplest) flexible, pliant. suppleness n. [latin supplex]
—v. (-ies, -ied) 1 provide (a thing needed).
- (often foll. By with) provide (a person etc. With a thing). - meet or make up for (a deficiency or need etc.). —n. (pl. -ies) 1 providing of what is needed. - stock, store, amount, etc., of something provided or obtainable. - (in pl.) Provisions and equipment for an army, expedition, etc. - (often attrib.) Schoolteacher etc. Acting as a temporary substitute for another. in short supply scarce. Supply and demand econ. Quantities available and required, as factors regulating price. SURELY
adv. - with certainty or safety (slowly but surely).
- as an appeal to likelihood or reason (surely that can't be right). SURETY
n. (pl. -ies) 1 money given as a guarantee of performance etc.
- (esp. In phr. Stand surety for) person who takes responsibility for another's debt, obligation, etc. [french from latin] SURTAX
n. Additional tax, esp. On high incomes. [french: related to *sur-1]
—v. - view or consider as a whole.
- examine the condition of (a building etc.). - determine the boundaries, extent, ownership, etc. Of (a district etc.). —n. - general view or consideration. - a act of surveying property. B statement etc. Resulting from this. - investigation of public opinion etc. - map or plan made by surveying. [latin: related to *super-, video see] SUTTEE
n. Esp. Hist. - hindu custom of a widow's suicide on her husband's funeral pyre.
- widow undergoing this. [sanskrit sati faithful wife] SUTURE
—n. - stitching of the edges of a wound or incision.
- thread or wire used for this. —v. (-ring) stitch (a wound or incision). [latin suo sut- sew] SVELTE
adj. Slender, lissom, graceful. [french from italian]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
Polar bears are left handed.