- What would you do if you won one million dollars?
- Why? Of course I"d pay off my debts.
- And what would you do with the remaining?
- The remaining would have to wait till next time…
||Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with: S
Found: 3438 results
n. - late evening snack.
- evening meal, esp. Light. [french souper]
adj. (suppler, supplest) flexible, pliant. suppleness n. [latin supplex]
—v. (-ies, -ied) 1 provide (a thing needed).
- (often foll. By with) provide (a person etc. With a thing).
- meet or make up for (a deficiency or need etc.). —n. (pl. -ies) 1 providing of what is needed.
- stock, store, amount, etc., of something provided or obtainable.
- (in pl.) Provisions and equipment for an army, expedition, etc.
- (often attrib.) Schoolteacher etc. Acting as a temporary substitute for another. in short supply scarce. Supply and demand econ. Quantities available and required, as factors regulating price.
adv. - with certainty or safety (slowly but surely).
- as an appeal to likelihood or reason (surely that can't be right).
n. (pl. -ies) 1 money given as a guarantee of performance etc.
- (esp. In phr. Stand surety for) person who takes responsibility for another's debt, obligation, etc. [french from latin]
n. Additional tax, esp. On high incomes. [french: related to *sur-1]
—v. - view or consider as a whole.
- examine the condition of (a building etc.).
- determine the boundaries, extent, ownership, etc. Of (a district etc.). —n. - general view or consideration.
- a act of surveying property. B statement etc. Resulting from this.
- investigation of public opinion etc.
- map or plan made by surveying. [latin: related to *super-, video see]
n. Esp. Hist. - hindu custom of a widow's suicide on her husband's funeral pyre.
- widow undergoing this. [sanskrit sati faithful wife]
—n. - stitching of the edges of a wound or incision.
- thread or wire used for this. —v. (-ring) stitch (a wound or incision). [latin suo sut- sew]
adj. Slender, lissom, graceful. [french from italian]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".