Did you hear about the kid who was pulled over for speeding?
The cop got out of his car and the young man rolled down his window.
"I’ve been waiting for you all day," the cop said.
The guy replied, "Yeah, well I got here as fast as I could."
When the cop finally stopped laughing, he sent the kid on his way without a ticket.
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
adj. - (often foll. By to) having resigned oneself; resolved to endure.
- indicative of this resignedly adv. RESISTOR
n. Device having resistance to the passage of an electric current.
adj. Determined, decided, firm of purpose. resolutely adv. [latin: related to *resolve]
adj. Resolute, determined.
adj. - (of sound) echoing, resounding; continuing to sound; reinforced or prolonged by reflection or vibration.
- (of a body, room, etc.) Tending to reinforce or prolong sounds, esp. By vibration. - (often foll. By with) (of a place) resounding. resonance n. [latin: related to *resound] RESONATE
v. (-ting) produce or show resonance; resound. resonator n. [latin: related to *resonant]
—n. - expedient or device.
- (often in pl.) Means available; stock or supply that can be drawn on; asset. - (in pl.) Country's collective wealth. - skill in devising expedients (person of great resource). - (in pl.) One's inner strength, ingenuity, etc. —v. (-cing) provide with resources. resourceful adj. (in sense 4). Resourcefully adv. Resourcefulness n. [french: related to *source] RESPONSE
n. - answer given in a word or act; reply.
- feeling, movement, or change caused by a stimulus or influence. - (often in pl.) Any part of the liturgy said or sung in answer to the priest. [latin: related to *respond] RESTCURE
n. Rest usu. Of some weeks as a medical treatment.
adj. - without rest or sleep.
- uneasy; agitated. - constantly in motion, fidgeting, etc. restlessly adv. Restlessness n. [old english: related to *rest1]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
Some ribbon worms will eat themselves if they can"t find any food.