As a senior citizen was driving down the freeway, his car phone rang. Answering, he heard his wife"s voice urgently warning him, "Herman, I just heard on the news that there"s a car going the wrong way on 280. Please be careful!"
"Heck," said Herman, "It"s not just one car. It"s hundreds of them!"
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
adj. - (often foll. By to) having resigned oneself; resolved to endure.
- indicative of this resignedly adv. RESISTOR
n. Device having resistance to the passage of an electric current.
adj. Determined, decided, firm of purpose. resolutely adv. [latin: related to *resolve]
adj. Resolute, determined.
adj. - (of sound) echoing, resounding; continuing to sound; reinforced or prolonged by reflection or vibration.
- (of a body, room, etc.) Tending to reinforce or prolong sounds, esp. By vibration. - (often foll. By with) (of a place) resounding. resonance n. [latin: related to *resound] RESONATE
v. (-ting) produce or show resonance; resound. resonator n. [latin: related to *resonant]
—n. - expedient or device.
- (often in pl.) Means available; stock or supply that can be drawn on; asset. - (in pl.) Country's collective wealth. - skill in devising expedients (person of great resource). - (in pl.) One's inner strength, ingenuity, etc. —v. (-cing) provide with resources. resourceful adj. (in sense 4). Resourcefully adv. Resourcefulness n. [french: related to *source] RESPONSE
n. - answer given in a word or act; reply.
- feeling, movement, or change caused by a stimulus or influence. - (often in pl.) Any part of the liturgy said or sung in answer to the priest. [latin: related to *respond] RESTCURE
n. Rest usu. Of some weeks as a medical treatment.
adj. - without rest or sleep.
- uneasy; agitated. - constantly in motion, fidgeting, etc. restlessly adv. Restlessness n. [old english: related to *rest1]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
The female lion does more than 90% of the hunting while the male simply prefers to rest.