Tom had won a toy at a raffle. He called his kids together to ask which one should have the present.
“Who is the most obedient?” he asked. “Who never talks back to mother? Who does everything she says?”
Five small voices answered in unison. “Okay, dad, you get the toy.”
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
adj. - (often foll. By to) having resigned oneself; resolved to endure.
- indicative of this resignedly adv. RESISTOR
n. Device having resistance to the passage of an electric current.
adj. Determined, decided, firm of purpose. resolutely adv. [latin: related to *resolve]
adj. Resolute, determined.
adj. - (of sound) echoing, resounding; continuing to sound; reinforced or prolonged by reflection or vibration.
- (of a body, room, etc.) Tending to reinforce or prolong sounds, esp. By vibration. - (often foll. By with) (of a place) resounding. resonance n. [latin: related to *resound] RESONATE
v. (-ting) produce or show resonance; resound. resonator n. [latin: related to *resonant]
—n. - expedient or device.
- (often in pl.) Means available; stock or supply that can be drawn on; asset. - (in pl.) Country's collective wealth. - skill in devising expedients (person of great resource). - (in pl.) One's inner strength, ingenuity, etc. —v. (-cing) provide with resources. resourceful adj. (in sense 4). Resourcefully adv. Resourcefulness n. [french: related to *source] RESPONSE
n. - answer given in a word or act; reply.
- feeling, movement, or change caused by a stimulus or influence. - (often in pl.) Any part of the liturgy said or sung in answer to the priest. [latin: related to *respond] RESTCURE
n. Rest usu. Of some weeks as a medical treatment.
adj. - without rest or sleep.
- uneasy; agitated. - constantly in motion, fidgeting, etc. restlessly adv. Restlessness n. [old english: related to *rest1]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
When snakes are born with two heads, they fight each other for food.