A lawyer and a doctor were on an extravagant fishing trip.
The lawyer said, "I am here because my house burned down and everything I owned was burned. The insurance company paid a mint for everything I lost."
"Now that’s quite a coincidence," said the doctor, "I’m here because my house and all my belongings were destroyed by a flood, and my insurance company also paid for everything."
The lawyer looked somewhat confused and said, "Really? How do you start a flood?"
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
v. (-ies, -ied) occupy again. reoccupation n.
v. - give a new direction or outlook to (ideas, a person, etc.).
- help (a person) find his or her bearings again. - (refl., often foll. By to) adjust oneself to or come to terms with something. REPARTEE
n. - practice or skill of making witty retorts.
- conversation characterized by such retorts. [french repartie from repartir reply promptly: related to *part] REPEATER
n. - person or thing that repeats.
- firearm which fires several shots without reloading. - watch or clock which repeats its last strike when required. - device for the re-transmission of an electrical message. REPHRASE
v. (-sing) express differently.
speech n. Speaker's words with the person, tense, etc. Adapted, e.g. He said that he would go.
n. Person employed to report news etc. For the media.
—v. (-ving) 1 remit or postpone the execution of (a condemned person).
- give respite to. —n. - a reprieving or being reprieved. B warrant for this. - respite. [repry from french reprendre -pris take back] REPRISAL
n. Act of retaliation. [medieval latin: related to *reprehend]
—v. Express disapproval to (a person or oneself) for a fault. —n. - rebuke or censure.
- (often foll. By to) thing that brings disgrace or discredit. - state of disgrace or discredit. above (or beyond) reproach perfect, blameless. [french reprochier]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
Butterflies taste with their feet.