Upon entering the little country store, the stranger noticed a sign saying "DANGER! BEWARE OF DOG!" posted on the glass door.
Inside he noticed a harmless old hound dog asleep on the floor beside the cash register.
He asked the store manager,
"Is that the dog folks are supposed to beware of?"
"Yep, that"s him," he replied.
The stranger couldn"t help but be amused.
"That certainly doesn"t look like a dangerous dog to me. Why in the world would you post that sign?"
"Because," the owner replied, "before I posted that sign, people kept tripping over him."
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
n. - belief in a superhuman controlling power, esp. In a personal god or gods entitled to obedience and worship.
- expression of this in worship. - particular system of faith and worship. - life under monastic vows. - thing that one is devoted to. [latin religio bond] RELOCATE
v. (-ting) 1 locate in a new place.
- move to a new place (esp. To live or work). relocation n. REMEDIAL
adj. - affording or intended as a remedy.
- (of teaching etc.) For slow or disadvantaged pupils. [latin: related to *remedy] REMEMBER
v. - (often foll. By to + infin. Or that + clause) keep in the memory; not forget.
- (also absol.) Bring back into one's thoughts. - think of or acknowledge (a person), esp. In making a gift etc. - (foll. By to) convey greetings from (one person) to (another) (remember me to john). [latin: related to *memory] REMINDER
n. - thing that reminds, esp. A repeat letter or bill.
- (often foll. By of) memento. RENEGADE
n. Person who deserts a party or principles. [medieval latin: related to *renege]
v. (-cing) 1 consent formally to abandon (a claim, right, etc.).
- repudiate; refuse to recognize any longer. - decline further association or disclaim relationship with. [latin nuntio announce] RENOVATE
v. (-ting) restore to good condition; repair. renovation n. Renovator n. [latin novus new]
adj. Famous, celebrated.
v. Change the number or numbers given or allocated to.
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
The abdomen of the ant contains two stomachs. One stomach holds the food for itself and second stomach is for food to be shared with other ants.