Two cowboys come upon an Indian lying on his stomach with his ear to the ground. One of the cowboys stops and says to the other, "You see that Indian?"
"Yeah," says the other cowboy.
"Look," says the first one, "he’s listening to the ground. He can hear things for miles in any direction."
Just then the Indian looks up. "Covered wagon," he says, "about two miles away. Have two horses, one brown, one white. Man, woman, child, household effects in wagon."
"Incredible!" says the cowboy to his friend. "This Indian knows how far away they are, how many horses, what color they are, who is in the wagon, and what is in the wagon. Amazing!"
The Indian looks up and says, "Ran over me about a half hour ago."
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
—n. - slope, esp. Joining two levels of ground, floor, etc.
- movable stairs for entering or leaving an aircraft. - transverse ridge in a road making vehicles slow down. —v. - furnish or build with a ramp. - a assume a threatening posture. B (often foll. By about) storm, rage. [french ramper crawl] RAND
n. Chief monetary unit of south africa. [the rand, gold-field district near johannesburg]
past of *ring2.
var. Of *ranee.
and file n. (usu. Treated as pl.) Ordinary members of an organization.
- —n. - a position in a hierarchy, grade of advancement. B distinct social class; grade of dignity or achievement. C high social position. D place in a scale. - row or line. - single line of soldiers drawn up abreast. - place where taxis await customers. - order, array. —v. - have a rank or place. - classify, give a certain grade to. - arrange (esp. Soldiers) in rank. close ranks maintain solidarity. The ranks common soldiers. [french ranc] - adj. - luxuriant, coarse; choked with or apt to produce weeds or excessive foliage. - a foul-smelling. B loathsome, corrupt. - flagrant, virulent, gross, complete (rank outsider). [old english] RANT
—v. Speak loudly, bombastically, violently, or theatrically. —n. Piece of ranting. rant and rave express anger noisily and forcefully. [dutch]
abbr. Royal army ordnance corps.
—n. - a act of forcing a woman or girl to have sexual intercourse against her will. B forcible sodomy.
- (often foll. By of) violent assault or plunder, forcible interference. —v. (-ping) commit rape on. [latin rapio seize] - n. Plant grown as fodder, and for its seed from which oil is extracted. [latin rapum, rapa turnip] RAPT
adj. - fully absorbed or intent, enraptured.
- carried away with feeling or lofty thought. [latin raptus: related to *rape1] RARE
earth n. Lanthanide element.
- adj. (rarer, rarest) 1 seldom done, found, or occurring; uncommon, unusual. - exceptionally good. - of less than the usual density. rareness n. [latin rarus] - adj. (rarer, rarest) (of meat) cooked so that the inside is still red and juicy; underdone. [old english]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
Tigers have striped skin, not just striped fur.