A policeman spots a woman driving and knitting at the same time. Driving up beside her, he shouts out the window...
"No," she shouts back, "a pair of socks!"
||Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with: R
Found: 1546 results
n. - reviving or being revived.
- new production of an old play etc.
- revived use of an old practice, style, etc.
- a reawakening of religious fervour. B campaign to promote this.
v. (-ving) 1 (cause to) turn round, esp. On an axis; rotate.
- move in a circular orbit.
- ponder (a problem etc.) In the mind.
- (foll. By around) have as its chief concern; be centred upon (his life revolves around his job). [latin revolvo -volut-]
—v. (-ting; past rewrote; past part. Rewritten) write again or differently. —n. - rewriting.
- thing rewritten.
n. Rare metallic element occurring naturally in molybdenum ores. [latin rhenus rhine]
n. Underground rootlike stem bearing both roots and shoots. [greek rhizoma]
n. Hard white metallic element used in making alloys and plating jewellery. [greek rhodon rose]
n. (pl. -buses or -bi) geom. Parallelogram with oblique angles and equal sides. [greek rhombos]
n. - a plant with long fleshy dark-red leaf-stalks cooked as a dessert. B these stalks.
- a colloq. Indistinct conversation or noise, from the repeated use of the word ‘rhubarb’ by a crowd. B slang nonsense. [greek rha rhubarb, barbaros foreign]
slang n. Slang that replaces words by rhyming words or phrases, e.g. Suit by whistle and flute.
n. - ribs or a riblike structure.
- colloq. Teasing.
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
Ostriches can run faster than horses.