A man speaks frantically into the phone, "My wife is pregnant, and her contractions are only two minutes apart!"
"Is this her first child?" the doctor queries.
"No, you idiot!" the man shouts. "This is her husband!"
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
v. (-ies, -ied) restore (esp. Separated territories) to a political unity. reunification n.
n. - reuniting or being reunited.
- social gathering, esp. Of people formerly associated. REUNITE
v. (-ting) (cause to) come together again.
v. (-ues, -ued, -uing) give a different, esp. Higher, value to (a currency etc.). revaluation n.
—n. - retaliation for an offence or injury.
- act of retaliation. - desire for this; vindictive feeling. - (in games) win after an earlier defeat. —v. (-ging) 1 (in refl. Or passive; often foll. By on, upon) inflict retaliation for (an offence). - avenge (a person). [latin: related to *vindicate] REVENUE
n. - a income, esp. A substantial one. B (in pl.) Items constituting this.
- state's annual income from which public expenses are met. - department of the civil service collecting this. [french revenu from latin revenio return] REVERIE
n. Fit of abstracted musing, day-dream. [french]
gear n. Gear used to make a vehicle etc. Go backwards.
- —v. (-sing) 1 turn the other way round or up or inside out. - change to the opposite character or effect. - (cause to) travel backwards. - make (an engine etc.) Work in a contrary direction. - revoke or annul (a decree, act, etc.). —adj. - backwards or upside down. - opposite or contrary in character or order; inverted. —n. - opposite or contrary (the reverse is the case). - contrary of the usual manner (printed in reverse). - piece of misfortune; disaster; defeat. - reverse gear or motion. - reverse side. - side of a coin etc. Bearing the secondary design. - verso of a printed leaf. reverse arms hold a rifle with the butt upwards. Reverse the charges have the recipient of a telephone call pay for it. reversal n. Reversible adj. [latin verto vers- turn] REVISED
standard version n. Revision published in 1946–57 of the american standard version of the bible (itself based on the english rv).
- version n. Revision published in 1881–95 of the authorized version of the bible. REVISIT
v. (-t-) visit again.
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
Swans and Ducks are the only birds with penises.