A man met his tailor in the street and stopped him.
"I quite forgot to pay for the suit which I have on now," he said. "Why didn"t you remind me?"
"I never ask a gentleman for money," the tailor replied.
"Then what do you do if he doesn"t pay?"
"Well, after some time I no longer think he is a gentleman and then I ask him."
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
v. (-ies, -ied) restore (esp. Separated territories) to a political unity. reunification n.
n. - reuniting or being reunited.
- social gathering, esp. Of people formerly associated. REUNITE
v. (-ting) (cause to) come together again.
v. (-ues, -ued, -uing) give a different, esp. Higher, value to (a currency etc.). revaluation n.
—n. - retaliation for an offence or injury.
- act of retaliation. - desire for this; vindictive feeling. - (in games) win after an earlier defeat. —v. (-ging) 1 (in refl. Or passive; often foll. By on, upon) inflict retaliation for (an offence). - avenge (a person). [latin: related to *vindicate] REVENUE
n. - a income, esp. A substantial one. B (in pl.) Items constituting this.
- state's annual income from which public expenses are met. - department of the civil service collecting this. [french revenu from latin revenio return] REVERIE
n. Fit of abstracted musing, day-dream. [french]
gear n. Gear used to make a vehicle etc. Go backwards.
- —v. (-sing) 1 turn the other way round or up or inside out. - change to the opposite character or effect. - (cause to) travel backwards. - make (an engine etc.) Work in a contrary direction. - revoke or annul (a decree, act, etc.). —adj. - backwards or upside down. - opposite or contrary in character or order; inverted. —n. - opposite or contrary (the reverse is the case). - contrary of the usual manner (printed in reverse). - piece of misfortune; disaster; defeat. - reverse gear or motion. - reverse side. - side of a coin etc. Bearing the secondary design. - verso of a printed leaf. reverse arms hold a rifle with the butt upwards. Reverse the charges have the recipient of a telephone call pay for it. reversal n. Reversible adj. [latin verto vers- turn] REVISED
standard version n. Revision published in 1946–57 of the american standard version of the bible (itself based on the english rv).
- version n. Revision published in 1881–95 of the authorized version of the bible. REVISIT
v. (-t-) visit again.
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
Ostriches live about 75 years and can reproduce for 50 years.