Charles shouted upstairs to his wife,» Hurry up or we’ll be late.» «Oh, be quiet,» replied his wife. «Haven’t I been telling you for the last hour that I’ll be ready in a minute?»
||Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with: R
Found: 1546 results
adj. - having retired from employment.
- withdrawn from society or observation; secluded.
v. Improve (a picture, photograph, etc.) By minor alterations.
v. (-cing) 1 go back over (one's steps etc.).
- trace back to a source or beginning.
- recall the course of (a thing) in one's memory.
v. - withdraw (a statement or undertaking).
- draw or be drawn back or in. retractable adj. Retraction n. [latin retraho -tract- draw back]
v. Train again or further, esp. For new work.
—v. - (past retrod; past part. Retrodden) tread (a path etc.) Again.
- (past, past part. Retreaded) put a fresh tread on (a tyre). —n. Retreaded tyre.
—v. - (esp. Of military forces) go back, retire; relinquish a position.
- recede. —n. - a act of retreating. B mil. Signal for this.
- withdrawal into privacy or security.
- place of shelter or seclusion.
- period of seclusion for prayer and meditation.
- mil. Bugle-call at sunset. [latin: related to *retract]
n. Second or further (judicial) trial.
n. Greek white wine flavoured with resin. [modern greek]
pres. Part. Of *retie.
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
Giraffes are the only animals born with horns. Both males and females are born with bony knobs on the forehead.