An admiral is standing by a candy machine at the Naval Academy in Annapolis when he stops a plebe walking by.
- "Sailor, do you have change for a dollar?"
- "Sure, buddy," - says the plebe, rooting around his pocket.
- "That"s no way to address an officer! Now let"s try it again. Do you have change for a dollar?"
The plebe snaps to attention and barks,
- "No, sir!"
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
adj. - having retired from employment.
- withdrawn from society or observation; secluded. RETOUCH
v. Improve (a picture, photograph, etc.) By minor alterations.
v. (-cing) 1 go back over (one's steps etc.).
- trace back to a source or beginning. - recall the course of (a thing) in one's memory. RETRACT
v. - withdraw (a statement or undertaking).
- draw or be drawn back or in. retractable adj. Retraction n. [latin retraho -tract- draw back] RETRAIN
v. Train again or further, esp. For new work.
—v. - (past retrod; past part. Retrodden) tread (a path etc.) Again.
- (past, past part. Retreaded) put a fresh tread on (a tyre). —n. Retreaded tyre. RETREAT
—v. - (esp. Of military forces) go back, retire; relinquish a position.
- recede. —n. - a act of retreating. B mil. Signal for this. - withdrawal into privacy or security. - place of shelter or seclusion. - period of seclusion for prayer and meditation. - mil. Bugle-call at sunset. [latin: related to *retract] RETRIAL
n. Second or further (judicial) trial.
n. Greek white wine flavoured with resin. [modern greek]
pres. Part. Of *retie.
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
Only female mosquitoes bite.