In a psychiatrist’s waiting room two patients are having a conversation.
One says to the other, "Why are you here?"
The second answers, "I’m Napoleon, so the doctor told me to come here."
The first is curious and asks, "How do you know that you’re Napoleon?"
The second responds, "God told me I was."
At this point, a patient on the other side of the room shouts, "NO I DIDN’T!"
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
v. (-ving) formal rebuke (a person, conduct, etc.). [latin: related to *reprobate]
n. - cold-blooded scaly animal of a class including snakes, lizards, crocodiles, turtles, tortoises, etc.
- mean, grovelling, or repulsive person. reptilian adj. & n. [latin repo rept- creep] REPULSE
—v. (-sing) 1 drive back by force of arms.
- a rebuff. B refuse. —n. - repulsing or being repulsed. - rebuff. [latin: related to *repel] REQUEST
stop n. Bus-stop at which a bus stops only if requested.
- —n. - act of asking for something (came at his request). - thing asked for. —v. - ask to be given, allowed, or favoured with. - (foll. By to + infin.) Ask (a person) to do something. - (foll. By that) ask that. by (or on) request in response to an expressed wish. [latin: related to *require] REQUIEM
n. - (requiem) (also attrib.) Chiefly rc ch. Mass for the repose of the souls of the dead.
- music for this. [latin, = rest] REQUIRE
v. (-ring) 1 need; depend on for success or fulfilment (the work requires patience).
- lay down as an imperative (required by law). - command; instruct (a person etc.). - order; insist on (an action or measure). requirement n. [latin requiro -quisit- seek] REQUITE
v. (-ting) 1 make return for (a service).
- reward or avenge (a favour or injury). - (often foll. By for) make return to (a person). - repay with good or evil. requital n. [from *re-, quite = *quit] REREDOS
n. Ornamental screen covering the wall at the back of an altar. [anglo-french: related to *arrears, dos back]
v. (-teing) send or carry by a different route.
v. Abrogate, revoke, cancel. rescission n. [latin rescindo -sciss- cut off]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
Monarch butterflies are poisonous.