Charles shouted upstairs to his wife,» Hurry up or we’ll be late.» «Oh, be quiet,» replied his wife. «Haven’t I been telling you for the last hour that I’ll be ready in a minute?»
||Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with: R
Found: 1546 results
v. (-ving) formal rebuke (a person, conduct, etc.). [latin: related to *reprobate]
n. - cold-blooded scaly animal of a class including snakes, lizards, crocodiles, turtles, tortoises, etc.
- mean, grovelling, or repulsive person. reptilian adj. & n. [latin repo rept- creep]
—v. (-sing) 1 drive back by force of arms.
- a rebuff. B refuse. —n. - repulsing or being repulsed.
- rebuff. [latin: related to *repel]
stop n. Bus-stop at which a bus stops only if requested.
- —n. - act of asking for something (came at his request).
- thing asked for. —v. - ask to be given, allowed, or favoured with.
- (foll. By to + infin.) Ask (a person) to do something.
- (foll. By that) ask that. by (or on) request in response to an expressed wish. [latin: related to *require]
n. - (requiem) (also attrib.) Chiefly rc ch. Mass for the repose of the souls of the dead.
- music for this. [latin, = rest]
v. (-ring) 1 need; depend on for success or fulfilment (the work requires patience).
- lay down as an imperative (required by law).
- command; instruct (a person etc.).
- order; insist on (an action or measure). requirement n. [latin requiro -quisit- seek]
v. (-ting) 1 make return for (a service).
- reward or avenge (a favour or injury).
- (often foll. By for) make return to (a person).
- repay with good or evil. requital n. [from *re-, quite = *quit]
n. Ornamental screen covering the wall at the back of an altar. [anglo-french: related to *arrears, dos back]
v. (-teing) send or carry by a different route.
v. Abrogate, revoke, cancel. rescission n. [latin rescindo -sciss- cut off]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
A hippopotamus can run faster than a man.