One day Holmes and Watson are flying a dirigible balloon. It is foggy around, they have lost their way. Suddenly they see - a shepherd is grazing sheep below. The men are very glad and shout:
- The dear, tell us, please, where we are now?
- You are in the dirigible balloon.
- I understand... - Holmes says. - We are flying over Russia.
- But why? - Watson is surprised.
- It’s elementary, Buddy! Only a programmer could give such an exact and useless answer at the same time. And only in Russia programmers can look after sheep.
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
v. (-ving) formal rebuke (a person, conduct, etc.). [latin: related to *reprobate]
n. - cold-blooded scaly animal of a class including snakes, lizards, crocodiles, turtles, tortoises, etc.
- mean, grovelling, or repulsive person. reptilian adj. & n. [latin repo rept- creep] REPULSE
—v. (-sing) 1 drive back by force of arms.
- a rebuff. B refuse. —n. - repulsing or being repulsed. - rebuff. [latin: related to *repel] REQUEST
stop n. Bus-stop at which a bus stops only if requested.
- —n. - act of asking for something (came at his request). - thing asked for. —v. - ask to be given, allowed, or favoured with. - (foll. By to + infin.) Ask (a person) to do something. - (foll. By that) ask that. by (or on) request in response to an expressed wish. [latin: related to *require] REQUIEM
n. - (requiem) (also attrib.) Chiefly rc ch. Mass for the repose of the souls of the dead.
- music for this. [latin, = rest] REQUIRE
v. (-ring) 1 need; depend on for success or fulfilment (the work requires patience).
- lay down as an imperative (required by law). - command; instruct (a person etc.). - order; insist on (an action or measure). requirement n. [latin requiro -quisit- seek] REQUITE
v. (-ting) 1 make return for (a service).
- reward or avenge (a favour or injury). - (often foll. By for) make return to (a person). - repay with good or evil. requital n. [from *re-, quite = *quit] REREDOS
n. Ornamental screen covering the wall at the back of an altar. [anglo-french: related to *arrears, dos back]
v. (-teing) send or carry by a different route.
v. Abrogate, revoke, cancel. rescission n. [latin rescindo -sciss- cut off]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
Camels have three eyelids to protect themselves from blowing sand.