Two young boys were spending the night at their grandparents the week before Christmas.
At bedtime, the two boys knelt beside their beds to say their prayers when the youngest one began praying at the top of his lungs.
"I PRAY FOR A NEW BICYCLE…
I PRAY FOR A NEW NINTENDO…
I PRAY FOR A NEW VCR…"
His older brother leaned over and nudged the younger brother and said, "Why are you shouting your prayers? God isn’t deaf."
To which the little brother replied, "No, but Grandma is!”
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
v. (-cing) 1 put back in place.
- take the place of; succeed; be substituted for. - find or provide a substitute for. - (often foll. By with, by) fill up the place of. REPLANT
v. - transfer (a plant etc.).
- plant (ground) again. REPLETE
adj. (often foll. By with) 1 well-fed, gorged.
- filled or well-supplied. repletion n. [latin pleo fill] REPLICA
n. - exact copy, esp. A duplicate of a work, made by the original artist.
- copy or model, esp. On a smaller scale. [italian replicare *reply] REPOINT
v. Point (esp. Brickwork) again.
v. - a keep under; quell. B suppress; prevent from sounding, rioting, or bursting out.
- psychol. Actively exclude (an unwelcome thought) from conscious awareness. - (usu. As repressed adj.) Subject (a person) to the suppression of his or her thoughts or impulses. repression n. Repressive adj. [latin: related to *press1] REPRICE
v. (-cing) price again or differently.
—v. Print again. —n. - reprinting of a book etc.
- book etc. Reprinted. - quantity reprinted. REPRISE
n. - repeated passage in music.
- repeated item in a musical programme. [french: related to *reprieve] REPROOF
n. Formal 1 blame (glance of reproof).
- rebuke. [french reprove: related to *reprove]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
A giraffe can clean its ears with its 21-inch tongue.