v. (-cing) 1 put back in place.
- take the place of; succeed; be substituted for.
- find or provide a substitute for.
- (often foll. By with, by) fill up the place of.
v. - transfer (a plant etc.).
- plant (ground) again.
adj. (often foll. By with) 1 well-fed, gorged.
- filled or well-supplied. repletion n. [latin pleo fill]
n. - exact copy, esp. A duplicate of a work, made by the original artist.
- copy or model, esp. On a smaller scale. [italian replicare *reply]
v. Point (esp. Brickwork) again.
v. - a keep under; quell. B suppress; prevent from sounding, rioting, or bursting out.
- psychol. Actively exclude (an unwelcome thought) from conscious awareness.
- (usu. As repressed adj.) Subject (a person) to the suppression of his or her thoughts or impulses. repression n. Repressive adj. [latin: related to *press1]
v. (-cing) price again or differently.
—v. Print again. —n. - reprinting of a book etc.
- book etc. Reprinted.
- quantity reprinted.
n. - repeated passage in music.
- repeated item in a musical programme. [french: related to *reprieve]
n. Formal 1 blame (glance of reproof).
- rebuke. [french reprove: related to *reprove]