A father and son went fishing one day. While they were out in the boat, the boy suddenly became curious about the world around him. He asked his father, "How does this boat float?"
The father replied, "Don"t rightly know, son."
A little later, the boy looked at his father and asked, "How do fish breath underwater?"
Once again the father replied, "Don"t rightly know, son."
A little later the boy asked his father, "Why is the sky blue?"
Again, the father replied, "Don"t rightly know, son."
Finally, the boy asked his father, "Dad, do you mind my asking you all of these questions?"
The father replied, "Of course not, you don"t ask questions, you never learn nothin"."
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
n. (pl. -ies) 1 office of regent.
- commission acting as regent. - a period of office of a regent or regency commission. B (regency) (in the uk) 1811 to 1820. [medieval latin regentia: related to *regent] REGIMEN
n. Prescribed course of exercise, way of life, and diet. [latin rego rule]
v. (-ding) grade again or differently.
—v. - move backwards; return to a former, esp. Worse, state.
- psychol. (cause to) return mentally to a former stage of life. —n. Act of regressing. regression n. Regressive adj. [latin regredior -gress- go back] REGROUP
v. - group or arrange again or differently.
- mil. Prepare for a fresh attack. REGULAR
—adj. - acting, done, or recurring uniformly or calculably in time or manner; habitual, constant, orderly.
- conforming to a rule or principle; systematic. - harmonious, symmetrical. - conforming to a standard of etiquette or procedure. - properly constituted or qualified; pursuing an occupation as one's main pursuit (regular soldier). - gram. (of a noun, verb, etc.) Following the normal type of inflection. - colloq. Thorough, absolute (a regular hero). - (before or after the noun) bound by religious rule; belonging to a religious or monastic order (canon regular). - (of a person) defecating or menstruating at predictable times. —n. - regular soldier. - colloq. Regular customer, visitor, etc. - one of the regular clergy. regularity n. Regularize v. (also -ise) (-zing or -sing). Regularly adv. [latin regula rule] REHOUSE
v. (-sing) house elsewhere.
—v. (-ues, -ued, -uing) issue again or in a different form. —n. New issue, esp. Of a previously published book.
v. (-cing) 1 feel great joy.
- be glad. - (foll. By in, at) take delight. [french rejoir: related to *joy] RELABEL
v. (-ll-; us -l-) label (esp. A commodity) again or differently.
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
The longest recorded flight of a chicken is thirteen seconds.