Upon entering the little country store, the stranger noticed a sign saying "DANGER! BEWARE OF DOG!" posted on the glass door.
Inside he noticed a harmless old hound dog asleep on the floor beside the cash register.
He asked the store manager,
"Is that the dog folks are supposed to beware of?"
"Yep, that"s him," he replied.
The stranger couldn"t help but be amused.
"That certainly doesn"t look like a dangerous dog to me. Why in the world would you post that sign?"
"Because," the owner replied, "before I posted that sign, people kept tripping over him."
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
n. (pl. -ies) 1 office of regent.
- commission acting as regent. - a period of office of a regent or regency commission. B (regency) (in the uk) 1811 to 1820. [medieval latin regentia: related to *regent] REGIMEN
n. Prescribed course of exercise, way of life, and diet. [latin rego rule]
v. (-ding) grade again or differently.
—v. - move backwards; return to a former, esp. Worse, state.
- psychol. (cause to) return mentally to a former stage of life. —n. Act of regressing. regression n. Regressive adj. [latin regredior -gress- go back] REGROUP
v. - group or arrange again or differently.
- mil. Prepare for a fresh attack. REGULAR
—adj. - acting, done, or recurring uniformly or calculably in time or manner; habitual, constant, orderly.
- conforming to a rule or principle; systematic. - harmonious, symmetrical. - conforming to a standard of etiquette or procedure. - properly constituted or qualified; pursuing an occupation as one's main pursuit (regular soldier). - gram. (of a noun, verb, etc.) Following the normal type of inflection. - colloq. Thorough, absolute (a regular hero). - (before or after the noun) bound by religious rule; belonging to a religious or monastic order (canon regular). - (of a person) defecating or menstruating at predictable times. —n. - regular soldier. - colloq. Regular customer, visitor, etc. - one of the regular clergy. regularity n. Regularize v. (also -ise) (-zing or -sing). Regularly adv. [latin regula rule] REHOUSE
v. (-sing) house elsewhere.
—v. (-ues, -ued, -uing) issue again or in a different form. —n. New issue, esp. Of a previously published book.
v. (-cing) 1 feel great joy.
- be glad. - (foll. By in, at) take delight. [french rejoir: related to *joy] RELABEL
v. (-ll-; us -l-) label (esp. A commodity) again or differently.
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
The female lion does more than 90% of the hunting while the male simply prefers to rest.