Charles shouted upstairs to his wife,» Hurry up or we’ll be late.» «Oh, be quiet,» replied his wife. «Haven’t I been telling you for the last hour that I’ll be ready in a minute?»
||Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with: R
Found: 1546 results
v. - cover again.
- provide (a chair etc.) With a new cover.
- v. - regain possession, use, or control of.
- return to health, consciousness, or to a normal state or position.
- obtain or secure by legal process.
- retrieve or make up for (a loss, setback, etc.).
- refl. Regain composure, consciousness, or control of one's limbs.
- retrieve (reusable substances) from waste. recoverable adj. [latin: related to *recuperate]
v. Cross again.
—n. - newly enlisted serviceman or servicewoman.
- new member of a society etc.
- beginner. —v. - enlist (a person) as a recruit.
- form (an army etc.) By enlisting recruits.
- get or seek recruits.
- replenish or reinvigorate (numbers, strength, etc.). recruitment n. [french dial. Recrute: related to *crew1]
v. (-ies, -ied) 1 adjust or make right.
- purify or refine, esp. By repeated distillation.
- convert (alternating current) to direct current. rectifiable adj. Rectification n. Rectifier n. [latin rectus straight, right]
n. (pl. -ies) rector's house. [french or medieval latin: related to *rector]
v. (-ling) convert (waste) to reusable material. recyclable adj.
n. Hist. British soldier.
n. Person with red hair.
n. Us often derog. Politically conservative working-class white in the southern us.
n. Mil. Outwork or fieldwork without flanking defences. [french redoute: related to *reduce]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
The average life expectancy of an ant is 45-60 days.