Charles shouted upstairs to his wife,» Hurry up or we’ll be late.» «Oh, be quiet,» replied his wife. «Haven’t I been telling you for the last hour that I’ll be ready in a minute?»
||Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with: R
Found: 1546 results
v. (also -ise) (-zing or -sing) change fundamentally.
n. - switchback at a fair etc.
- (attrib.) (of emotions etc.) Uncontrollable, unstable.
adj. Crude but effective; not over-particular.
n. Artificial metallic element. [rutherford, name of a physicist]
n. Telephony using radio. radio-telephone n.
n. - act of recapitulating.
- mus. Part of a movement in which themes are restated. [latin: related to *recapitulate]
n. - survey of a region, esp. To locate an enemy or ascertain strategic features.
- preliminary survey. [french: related to *reconnoitre]
attrib. Adj. That breaks a record.
n. - representing or being represented.
- thing that represents another.
- (esp. In pl.) Statement made of allegations or opinions.
—adj. - typical of a class.
- containing typical specimens of all or many classes (representative sample).
- a consisting of elected deputies etc. B based on representation by these (representative government).
- (foll. By of) serving as a portrayal or symbol of. —n. - (foll. By of) sample, specimen, or typical embodiment of.
- a agent of a person or society. B commercial traveller.
- delegate; substitute.
- deputy etc. In a representative assembly. [french or medieval latin: related to *represent1]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
Polar Bears trying to blend in with the ice will sometimes cover up their black nose with their paws.