n. - a revealing, esp. The supposed disclosure of knowledge to man by a divine or supernatural agency. B knowledge disclosed in this way.
- striking disclosure.
- (revelation or colloq. Revelations) (in full the revelation of st john the divine) last book of the new testament.
adj. Eager for revenge. revengefully adv.
v. (also -ise) (-zing or -sing) imbue with new life and vitality.
n. Promotion of a revival, esp. Of religious fervour. revivalist n. & adj.
n. - forcible overthrow of a government or social order.
- any fundamental change or reversal of conditions.
- a single completion of an orbit or rotation. B time taken for this.
- cyclic recurrence. [latin: related to *revolve]
v. (also -ise) (-zing or -sing) talk or write rhapsodies.
adj. - expressed artificially or extravagantly.
- of the nature or art of rhetoric. rhetorically adv. [greek: related to *rhetoric]
- question n. Question used for effect but not seeking an answer (e.g. Who cares? For nobody cares).
n.pl. (treated as sing.; often prec. By the) colloq. Rheumatism.
n. Disease marked by inflammation and pain in the joints, muscles, or fibrous tissue, esp. Rheumatoid arthritis.
adj. Having the character of rheumatism.
- arthritis n. Chronic progressive disease causing inflammation and stiffening of the joints.