n. - stock of works that a performer etc. Knows or is prepared to perform.
- stock of techniques etc. (repertoire of excuses). [latin: related to *repertory]
n. - a repeating or being repeated. B thing repeated.
- copy. repetitious adj. Repetitive adj.
strain injury n. Painful hand or arm condition resulting from prolonged repetitive movements.
v. (-ting) populate again or increase the population of.
v. - move or place in a different position.
- alter one's position.
n. (pl. -ies) 1 place where things are stored or may be found, esp. A warehouse or museum.
- (often foll. By of) a book, person, etc. Regarded as a store of information etc. B recipient of secrets etc. [latin: related to *repose2]
—adj. - of or constituted as a republic.
- characteristic of a republic.
- advocating or supporting republican government. —n. - person advocating or supporting republican government.
- (republican) a us supporter of the republican party. B ir. Supporter of the ira or sinn fein. republicanism n.
n. - antipathy; aversion.
- inconsistency or incompatibility of ideas etc. [latin pugno fight]
—v. (-sing) purchase again. —n. Act of purchasing again.
n. - what is generally said or believed about a person's or thing's character (reputation for honesty; reputation of being a crook).
- state of being well thought of; respectability (lost its reputation). [latin: related to *repute]