A policeman spots a woman driving and knitting at the same time. Driving up beside her, he shouts out the window...
"No," she shouts back, "a pair of socks!"
||Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with: R
Found: 1546 results
adj. Virile, vigorous.
n. - small red edible berry.
- shrub bearing this.
v. (-ting) decorate (a room etc.) Again or differently. redecoration n.
n. - redeeming or being redeemed.
- thing that redeems. [latin: related to *redeem]
v. Discover again. rediscovery n. (pl. -ies).
n. (pl. -s or -da) vote on an important political question open to all the electors of a state. [latin: related to *refer]
n. - refining or being refined.
- fineness of feeling or taste.
- polish or elegance in behaviour or manner.
- added development or improvement (car with several refinements).
- subtle reasoning; fine distinction.
n. (also reflexion) 1 reflecting or being reflected.
- a reflected light, heat, or colour. B reflected image.
- reconsideration (on reflection).
- (often foll. By on) discredit or thing bringing discredit.
- (often foll. By on, upon) idea arising in the mind; comment.
adj. - (of a surface etc.) Reflecting.
- (of mental faculties) concerned in reflection or thought.
- (of a person or mood etc.) Thoughtful; given to meditation. reflectively adv. Reflectiveness n.
adj. - stubborn, unmanageable, rebellious.
- (of a wound, disease, etc.) Not yielding to treatment.
- (of a substance) hard to fuse or work. [latin: related to *refract]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
The world"s largest mammal, the blue whale, weighs 50 tons at birth. Fully grown, it weighs as much as 150 tons.