—n. (pl. -ies) (also roly-poly pudding) pudding made of a rolled strip of suet pastry covered with jam etc. And boiled or baked. —adj. Podgy, plump. [probably *roll]
(also rumanian) —n. - a native or national of romania. B person of romanian descent.
- language of romania. —adj. Of romania, its people, or language.
v. (also -ise) (-zing or -sing) 1 make roman or roman catholic in character.
- put into the roman alphabet or roman type. romanization n.
—adj. - of, characterized by, or suggestive of romance (romantic picture).
- inclined towards or suggestive of romance in love (romantic evening; romantic words).
- (of a person) imaginative, visionary, idealistic.
- a (of style in art, music, etc.) Concerned more with feeling and emotion than with form and aesthetic qualities. B (also romantic) of the 18th–19th-c. Romantic movement or style in the european arts.