- Doctor, doctor! I"ve had a sore stomach ever since I ate three crabs last week.
- Did they smell bad when you took them out of their shells?
- What do you mean "took them out of their shells"?
||Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with: R
Found: 1546 results
v. - (often refl., usu. Foll. By from) check or hold in; keep in check, under control, or within bounds.
- repress, keep down.
- confine, imprison. [latin restringo -strict-]
v. - confine, limit.
- withhold from general circulation or disclosure. restriction n. [latin: related to *restrain]
n. - fee for securing a person's services.
- faithful servant (esp. Old retainer).
- reduced rent paid to retain unoccupied accommodation.
- person or thing that retains.
adj. Backward in mental or physical development.
adj. Shy; fond of seclusion.
v. - cut down expenses; introduce economies.
- reduce the amount of (costs). retrenchment n. [french: related to *trench]
—v. (-ving) 1 a regain possession of. B recover by investigation or effort of memory.
- obtain (information stored in a computer etc.).
- (of a dog) find and bring in (killed or wounded game etc.).
- (foll. By from) rescue (esp. From a bad state).
- restore to a flourishing state; revive.
- repair or set right (a loss or error etc.) (managed to retrieve the situation). —n. Possibility of recovery (beyond retrieve). retrievable adj. Retrieval n. [french trouver find]
n. Person who returns home from abroad, esp. After war service.
n. Military waking-signal. [french reveillez wake up]
adj. (esp. As the title of a clergyman) deserving reverence. [latin reverendus: related to *revere]
- mother n. Mother superior of a convent.
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
An octopus"s testicles are in its head.