As the doctor completed an examination of the patient, he said:
- I can"t find a cause for your complaint. Frankly, I think it"s due to drinking.
- In that case, - said the patient, - I"ll come back when you"re sober.
- prefix 1 attachable to almost any verb or its derivative, meaning: a once more; afresh, anew. B back; with return to a previous state.
- (also red- before a vowel, as in redolent) in verbs and verbal derivatives denoting: a in return; mutually (react). B opposition (resist). C behind or after (relic). D retirement or secrecy (recluse). E off, away, down (recede; relegate; repress). F frequentative or intensive force (redouble; resplendent). G negative force (recant; reveal). [latin]
- symb. Rhenium.
- prep. - in the matter of (as the first word in a heading).
- commerce about, concerning (in letters). [latin, ablative of res thing]