- Doctor, will I be able to play the piano after the operation?
- Yes, of course.
- Great! I never could before!
||Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with: Q
Found: 155 results
n. - mus. A composition for four performers. B the performers.
- any group of four. [latin quartus]
—n. - petty objection; trivial point of criticism.
- evasion; argument relying on ambiguity.
- archaic pun. —v. (-ling) use quibbles. quibbling adj. [origin uncertain]
v. - make or become quicker; accelerate.
- give life or vigour to; rouse.
- a (of a woman) reach a stage in pregnancy when movements of the foetus can be felt. B (of a foetus) begin to show signs of life.
n. Colloq. Thing done or made quickly.
v. (often foll. By down) = *quiet v.
n. Release from life; death, final riddance (will get its quietus). [medieval latin: related to *quiet]
n. Bitter drug obtained from cinchona bark, used as a tonic and to reduce fever. [spanish quina cinchona bark, from quechua kina bark]
n. - mus. A composition for five performers. B the performers.
- any group of five. [latin quintus]
n. - person who gives up easily.
attrib. Adj. That once was, sometime, former. [latin adv., = formerly]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
The porpoise is second to man as the most intelligent animal on the planet.