- Sir! Did you have a good holiday? Did you go away?
- Yes, I went to France, to Paris.
- Did you have much trouble with your French when you were there?
- No, I didn"t - but the Parisians did.
||Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with: P
Found: 2422 results
n. Advocate of scrupulous purity, esp. In language or art. purism n. Puristic adj.
n. Pureness, cleanness.
n. Colloq. Headlong fall. [purl overturn]
n. Horizontal beam along the length of a roof. [anglo-latin perlio]
heart n. Colloq. Heart-shaped stimulant tablet, esp. Of amphetamine.
- passage n. (also purple patch) ornate or elaborate literary passage.
- —n. - colour between red and blue.
- (in full tyrian purple) crimson dye obtained from some molluscs.
- purple robe, esp. Of an emperor or senior magistrate.
- scarlet official dress of a cardinal.
- (prec. By the) position of rank, authority, or privilege. —adj. Of a purple colour. —v. (-ling) make or become purple. purplish adj. [greek porphura, a shellfish yielding dye]
n. Officer on a ship who keeps the accounts, esp. The head steward in a passenger vessel.
v. (-sues, -sued, -suing) 1 follow with intent to overtake, capture, or do harm to; go in pursuit.
- continue or proceed along (a route or course of action).
- follow or engage in (study or other activity).
- proceed according to (a plan etc.).
- seek after, aim at.
- continue to investigate or discuss (a topic).
- importune (a person) persistently.
- (of misfortune etc.) Persistently assail. pursuer n. [latin sequor follow]
v. Provide or supply (food etc.) As one's business. purveyor n. [latin: related to *provide]
n. Colloq. Seller of illegal drugs.
n. & adj. = *pashto. [persian]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
Monarch butterflies are poisonous.