It was World War II, and the captain was attempting to rally the GIs on the eve of a big offensive.
"Out there," said the captain, "is your enemy. The man who has made your life miserable, who is working to destroy you; the man who has been trying to kill you day after day throughout this war."
Private Johnson jumped to his feet. "My God! The cook’s working for the Germans!"
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
book n. Book for travellers, listing useful expressions with their foreign equivalents.
- —n. - group of words forming a conceptual unit, but not a sentence. - idiomatic or short pithy expression. - mode of expression. - mus. Group of notes forming a distinct unit within a melody. —v. (-sing) 1 express in words. - mus. Divide (music) into phrases, esp. In performance. phrasal adj. [greek phrasis from phrazo tell] PHYLLO
pastry var. Of *filo pastry.
n. (pl. Phyla) biol. Taxonomic rank below a kingdom, comprising a class or classes and subordinate taxa. [greek phulon race]
n. Esp. Archaic. - medicine.
- art of healing. - medical profession. [greek phusike of nature] PHYSIO
n. (pl. -s) colloq. - physiotherapy.
- physiotherapist. PIAZZA
n. Public square or market-place. [italian: related to *place]
n. (brit. Pickaxe) = *pick2 1. [french: related to *pike]
line n. Boundary established by workers on strike, esp. At the entrance to the place of work, which others are asked not to cross.
- —n. - one or more persons stationed outside a place of work to persuade others not to enter during a strike etc. - pointed stake driven into the ground. - a small body of troops sent out to watch for the enemy. B group of sentries. —v. (-t-) 1 a station or act as a picket. B beset or guard with a picket or pickets. - secure (a place) with stakes. - tether (an animal). PICKLE
—n. - a (often in pl.) Food, esp. Vegetables, preserved in brine, vinegar, mustard, etc. B the liquid used for this.
- colloq. Plight (in a pickle). —v. (-ling) 1 preserve in or treat with pickle. - (as pickled adj.) Slang drunk. [low german or dutch pekel] PICKUP
n. - slang person met casually, esp. For sexual purposes.
- small open motor truck. - part of a record-player carrying the stylus. - device on an electric guitar etc. That converts string vibrations into electrical signals. - act of picking up.
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
A giraffe can clean its ears with its 21-inch tongue.