A musical director was having a lot of trouble with one drummer. He talked and talked and talked with the drummer, but his performance simply didn"t improve.
Finally, before the whole orchestra, he said, "When a musician just can"t handle his instrument and doesn"t improve when given help, they take away the instrument, and give him two sticks, and make him a drummer."
A stage whisper was heard from the percussion section: "And if he can"t handle even that, they take away one of his sticks and make him a conductor."
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
n. (pl. -s) 1 film, usu. Green, formed on old bronze.
- similar film on other surfaces. - gloss produced by age on woodwork. [latin: related to *paten] PATOIS
n. (pl. Same) regional dialect, differing from the literary language. [french]
car n. Police car used for patrols.
- —n. - act of walking or travelling around an area, esp. Regularly, for security or supervision. - guards, police, etc. Sent out on patrol. - a troops sent out to reconnoitre. B such reconnaissance. - unit of six to eight scouts or guides. —v. (-ll-) 1 carry out a patrol of. - act as a patrol. [german patrolle from french] PATRON
n. (fem. Patroness) 1 person financially supporting a person, cause, etc.
- customer of a shop etc. [latin patronus: related to *pater] - saint n. Saint regarded as protecting a person, place, activity, etc. PATTEN
n. Hist. Shoe or clog with a raised sole or set on an iron ring, for walking in mud etc. [french patin]
—n. Sound of quick light steps or taps. —v. Make this sound (rain pattering on the window-panes). [from *pat1]
- —n. - rapid speech used by a comedian. - salesman's persuasive talk. —v. Talk or say glibly or mechanically. [originally pater, = *paternoster] PAUNCH
n. Belly, stomach, esp. When protruding. paunchy adj. (-ier, -iest). [anglo-french pa(u)nche from latin pantices bowels]
n. Poor person. pauperism n. [latin, = poor]
n. (also pavan) hist. - a kind of stately dance.
- music for this. [french from spanish] PAWPAW
n. (also papaw, papaya) 1 elongated melon-shaped fruit with orange flesh.
- tropical tree bearing this. [spanish and portuguese papaya]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
A cat sees about six times better than a human at night.