Teacher asks the student:
"What is your aim in life?"
"To become a psychiatrist", the student replies.
"Very good", the teacher says, "Now would you please spell the word psychiatrist."
After some hesitation the student replies: "Well, I mean I want to be a doctor, sir. D-O-C-T-O-R."
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
colloq. —adj. (esp. Intellectually) pretentious; not genuine. —n. Such a person; poseur. [from *pseudo-]
v. Colloq. - (usu. Foll. By up; often refl.) Prepare (oneself or another) mentally for an ordeal etc.
- (often foll. By out) intimidate or frighten (a person), esp. For one's own advantage. - (usu. Foll. By out) analyse (a person's motivation etc.) For one's own advantage (can't psych him out). [abbreviation] PUBES
n. (pl. Same) 1 lower part of the abdomen at the front of the pelvis.
- colloq. Pubic hair. [latin] - pl. Of *pubis. PUBIC
adj. Of the pubes or pubis.
n. (pl. Pubes) either of a pair of bones forming the two sides of the pelvis. [latin os pubis bone of the *pubes1]
adj. (-ier, -iest) colloq. (esp. Of a person) plump, podgy. pudginess n. [cf. *podgy]
adj. (-ier, -iest) 1 swollen, puffed out.
- colloq. Short-winded. puffily adv. Puffiness n. PUKKA
adj. Anglo-ind. Colloq. - genuine.
- of good quality; reliable (a pukka job). [hindi] PULSE
—n. - a rhythmical throbbing of the arteries as blood is propelled through them, esp. In the wrists, temples, etc. B each beat of the arteries or heart.
- throb or thrill of life or emotion. - general feeling or opinion. - single vibration of sound, electric current, light, etc., esp. As a signal. - rhythmical beat, esp. Of music. —v. (-sing) pulsate. [latin pello puls- drive, beat] - n. (as sing. Or pl.) 1 edible seeds of various leguminous plants, e.g. Chick-peas, lentils, beans, etc. - plant producing these. [latin puls] PUNCH
card n. (also punched card or tape) card etc. Perforated according to a code, for conveying instructions or data to a data processor etc.
- —v. - strike, esp. With a closed fist. - a pierce a hole in (metal, paper, etc.) As or with a punch. B pierce (a hole) thus. —n. - blow with a fist. - ability to deliver this. - colloq. Vigour, momentum; effective force. - tool, machine, or device for punching holes or impressing a design in leather, metal, etc. puncher n. [var. Of pounce emboss] - n. Drink of wine or spirits mixed with water, fruit juices, spices, etc., and usu. Served hot. [origin unknown] - n. (punch) grotesque humpbacked puppet in punch and judy shows. as pleased as punch extremely pleased. [abbreviation of punchinello, name of the chief character in an italian puppet-show]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
Ostriches can run faster than horses.