- Doctor, doctor! I"ve had a sore stomach ever since I ate three crabs last week.
- Did they smell bad when you took them out of their shells?
- What do you mean "took them out of their shells"?
||Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with: P
Found: 2422 results
n. Book of set prayers.
v. (-ging) arrange beforehand. prearrangement n.
n. (pl. -ies) holder of a prebend; honorary canon. [medieval latin: related to *prebend]
adj. - uncertain; dependent on chance.
- insecure, perilous. precariously adv. Precariousness n. [latin precarius: related to *pray]
n. Action taken beforehand to avoid risk or ensure a good result. precautionary adj. [latin: related to *caution]
n. - priority in time, order, importance, etc.
- right of preceding others. take precedence (often foll. By over, of) have priority (over).
n. Slow movement of the axis of a spinning body around another axis. [latin: related to *precede]
- of the equinoxes n. - slow retrograde motion of equinoctial points along the ecliptic.
- resulting earlier occurrence of equinoxes in each successive sidereal year.
n. Affected refinement in art etc., esp. In the choice of words. [related to *precious]
adj. - often derog. (of esp. A child) prematurely developed in some respect.
- (of an action etc.) Indicating such development. precociously adv. Precociousness n. Precocity n. [latin praecox -cocis early ripe]
v. (-sing) die earlier than (another person).
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
Armadillos are the only animal besides humans that can get leprosy.