- My father had two horses that looked so much alike that he measured them so he could tell them apart.
- Did that help?
- It sure did. He found that the white one was 6 inches shorter than the black one.
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
lunch n. Meal of bread and cheese with pickle and salad.
gram. —adj. (of a tense) denoting an action completed prior to some past point of time (e.g. He had gone by then). —n. Pluperfect tense. [latin plus quam perfectum more than perfect]
n. (pl. -ies) 1 a government by the wealthy. B state so governed.
- wealthy elite. plutocratic adj. [greek ploutos wealth] POCKETBOOK
n. - notebook.
- folding case for papers or money carried in a pocket. POINSETTIA
n. Plant with large scarlet bracts surrounding small yellow flowers. [poinsett, name of a diplomat]
—adj. - a (of a shot) aimed or fired at very close range. B (of a range) very close.
- (of a remark etc.) Blunt, direct. —adv. - at very close range. - directly, bluntly. POLITICIAN
n. - person involved in politics, esp. Professionally as an mp.
- esp. Us derog. Person who manoeuvres; schemer, time-server. POLITICIZE
v. (also -ise) (-zing or -sing) 1 a give a political character to. B make politically aware.
- engage in or talk politics. politicization n. POLLINGDAY
n. Election day.
n. (pl. -thuses) flowering plant cultivated from hybridized primulas. [greek anthos flower]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
Every night, wasps bite into the stem of a plant, lock their mandibles (jaws) into position, stretch out at right angles to the stem, and, with legs dangling, fall asleep.