A woman entered a fruit store and said to the clerk, "I want to purchase some fruit for my sick husband."
"We have some very nice sweet cherries on sale for a dollar a box," said the clerk.
She looked them over and decided to take a box. Handing them to the clerk she added, "Have they been sprayed with poison?"
Replied the clerk, "No ma’am. You will have to purchase that at the drug store."
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
n. - a structure built out into the sea, a lake, etc., as a promenade and landing-stage. B breakwater.
- a support of an arch or of the span of a bridge; pillar. B solid masonry between windows etc. [latin pera] PIKE
n. (pl. Same or -s) 1 large voracious freshwater fish with a long narrow snout.
- hist. Weapon with a pointed metal head on a long wooden shaft. [old english] PILE
—n. - heap of things laid upon one another.
- large imposing building. - colloq. A large quantity. B large amount of money. - a series of plates of dissimilar metals laid one on another alternately to produce an electric current. B = *nuclear reactor. - funeral pyre. —v. (-ling) 1 a (often foll. By up, on) heap up. B (foll. By with) load. - (usu. Foll. By in, into, on, out of, etc.) Crowd hurriedly or tightly. pile it on colloq. Exaggerate. Pile up 1 accumulate; heap up. - colloq. Cause (a vehicle etc.) To crash. [latin pila] - n. - heavy beam driven vertically into the ground to support a bridge, the foundations of a house, etc. - pointed stake or post. [latin pilum javelin] - n. Soft projecting surface on a carpet, velvet, etc. [latin pilus hair] PILL
n. - a ball or flat disc of solid medicine for swallowing whole. B (usu. Prec. By the) colloq. Contraceptive pill.
- unpleasant or painful necessity. [latin pila ball] PIMP
—n. Man who lives off the earnings of a prostitute or a brothel. —v. Act as a pimp. [origin unknown]
colada n. Cocktail of pineapple juice, rum, and coconut. [spanish]
cone n. Fruit of the pine.
- nut n. Edible seed of various pines. - n. - evergreen coniferous tree with needle-shaped leaves growing in clusters. - its wood. - (attrib.) Made of pine. [latin pinus] - v. (-ning) 1 (often foll. By away) decline or waste away from grief etc. - long eagerly. [old english] PING
—n. Single short high ringing sound. —v. (cause to) make a ping. [imitative]
gin n. Gin flavoured with angostura bitters.
- —n. - pale red colour. - cultivated plant with fragrant flowers. - (prec. By the) the most perfect condition, the peak (the pink of health). - person with socialist tendencies. —adj. - of a pale red colour. - tending to socialism. in the pink colloq. In very good health. pinkish adj. Pinkness n. Pinky adj. [origin unknown] - v. - pierce slightly. - cut a scalloped or zigzag edge on. [perhaps from low german or dutch] - v. (of a vehicle engine) emit high-pitched explosive sounds caused by faulty combustion. [imitative] PINS
and needles n.pl. Tingling sensation in a limb recovering from numbness.
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
A chameleon"s tongue is twice the length of its body.