While sports fishing off the Florida coast, a tourist capsized his boat. He could swim, but his fear of alligators kept him clinging to the overturned craft.
Spotting and old beachcomber standing on the shore, the tourist shouted,
"Are there any gators around here?!"
"Naw," the man hollered back, "they ain"t been around for years!"
Feeling safe, the tourist started swimming leisurely toward the shore.
About halfway there he asked the guy,
"How"d you get rid of the gators?"
"We didn"t do nothin"," the beachcomber said. "The sharks got "em."
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
group n. Group of people of the same age, status, etc.
- of the realm n. Peer entitled to sit in the house of lords. - v. (usu. Foll. By into, at, etc.) Look closely or with difficulty. [origin unknown] - n. - a (fem. Peeress) member of one of the degrees of the nobility in britain or ireland, i.e. A duke, marquis, earl, viscount, or baron. B noble of any country. - person who is equal in ability, standing, rank, or value. [latin par equal] PEKE
n. Colloq. Pekingese. [abbreviation]
n. Derog. Or joc. Money; wealth. [french: related to *pilfer]
—v. - (usu. Foll. By with) strike repeatedly with thrown objects.
- (usu. Foll. By down) (of rain etc.) Fall quickly and torrentially. - run fast. —n. Pelting. at full pelt as fast as possible. [origin unknown] - n. Undressed skin, usu. Of a fur-bearing mammal. [french, ultimately from latin pellis skin] PENT
adj. (often foll. By in, up) closely confined; shut in (pent-up feelings). [from *pen2]
n. Spanish american day-labourer. [portuguese and spanish: related to *pawn1]
prefix round, about. [greek]
v. perk up 1 recover confidence, courage, life, or zest.
- restore confidence, courage, or liveliness in. - smarten up. - raise (one's head etc.) Briskly. [origin unknown] - n. Colloq. Perquisite. [abbreviation] PERM
—n. Permanent wave. —v. Give a permanent wave to. [abbreviation]
- colloq. —n. Permutation. —v. Make a permutation of. [abbreviation] PERT
adj. - saucy, impudent.
- jaunty. pertly adv. Pertness n. [latin apertus open]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
The world"s largest mammal, the blue whale, weighs 50 tons at birth. Fully grown, it weighs as much as 150 tons.