What’s the definition of a pessimist? A pessimist is a well-informed optimist.
||Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with: P
Found: 2422 results
adj. Of the wall of the body or any of its cavities. [latin paries wall]
- bone n. Either of a pair of bones in the skull.
n. Open grassland with trees etc.
n. Vocabulary or idiom of a particular subject, group, etc. [french from parler speak]
n. Hard dry cheese made orig. At parma and usu. Used grated. [italian parmegiano of parma]
n. - (often foll. By of) sudden attack or outburst (of rage, coughing, etc.).
- fit of disease. paroxysmal adj. [greek oxus sharp]
n. - level space in a formal garden occupied by flower-beds.
- us pit of a theatre. [french, = on the ground]
shot n. Remark or glance etc. On leaving. [parthia, ancient kingdom in w. Asia: from the custom of a retreating parthian horseman firing a shot at the enemy]
n. - minute portion of matter.
- smallest possible amount (particle of sense).
- a minor part of speech, esp. A short undeclinable one. B common prefix or suffix such as in-, -ness. [latin particula diminutive of pars *part]
(also partizan) —n. - strong, esp. Unreasoning, supporter of a party, cause, etc.
- guerrilla. —adj. - of partisans.
- biased. partisanship n. [italian: related to *part]
var. Of *partisan.
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
Polar Bears trying to blend in with the ice will sometimes cover up their black nose with their paws.