As a senior citizen was driving down the freeway, his car phone rang. Answering, he heard his wife"s voice urgently warning him, "Herman, I just heard on the news that there"s a car going the wrong way on 280. Please be careful!"
"Heck," said Herman, "It"s not just one car. It"s hundreds of them!"
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
v. (-king) 1 (often foll. By to, or to + infin.) Rouse or incite (provoked him to fury).
- call forth; instigate; cause (indignation, an inquiry, process, etc.). - (usu. Foll. By into + verbal noun) irritate or stimulate (a person) (provoked him into retaliating). - tempt; allure. PROVOST
marshal n. Head of military police in camp or on active service.
- n. - head of some (esp. Oxbridge) colleges. - head of a cathedral chapter. - = *provost marshal. [latin propositus from pono place] PROWESS
n. - skill, expertise.
- valour, gallantry. [french: related to *proud] PROXIMO
adj. Commerce of next month (the third proximo). [latin, = in the next (mense month)]
adj. Cautious; politic. prudence n. Prudently adv. [latin prudens -ent-: related to *provident]
acid n. Hydrocyanic acid. [french]
n. - the book of psalms.
- (psalter) version or copy of this. [old english and french from greek psalterion stringed instrument] PSYCHIC
—adj. - a (of a person) considered to have occult powers such as telepathy, clairvoyance, etc. B supernatural.
- of the soul or mind. —n. Person considered to have psychic powers; medium. [greek psukhe soul, mind] PUBERTY
n. Period of sexual maturation. pubertal adj. [latin puber adult]
v. - (also absol.) Prepare and issue (a book, newspaper, etc.) For public sale.
- make generally known. - announce formally. [latin: related to *public]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
A mole can dig a tunnel 300 feet long in just one night.