Tom had won a toy at a raffle. He called his kids together to ask which one should have the present.
“Who is the most obedient?” he asked. “Who never talks back to mother? Who does everything she says?”
Five small voices answered in unison. “Okay, dad, you get the toy.”
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
v. - extend in time or space.
- (as prolonged adj.) Lengthy, esp. Tediously so. prolongation n. [latin longus long] PROMISE
—n. - assurance that one will or will not undertake a certain action etc. (promise of help).
- sign of future achievements, good results, etc. (writer of great promise). —v. (-sing) 1 (usu. Foll. By to + infin., or that + clause; also absol.) Make a promise (promise not to be late). - (often foll. By to + infin.) Seem likely (to) (promises to be a good book). - colloq. Assure (i promise you, it will not be easy). promise well (or ill etc.) Hold out good (or bad etc.) Prospects. [latin promissum from mitto miss- send] PROMOTE
v. (-ting) 1 (often foll. By to) raise (a person) to a higher office, rank, etc. (promoted to captain).
- help forward; encourage (a cause, process, etc.). - publicize and sell (a product). - chess raise (a pawn) to the rank of queen etc. promotion n. Promotional adj. [latin promoveo -mot-] PRONOUN
n. Word used instead of and to indicate a noun already mentioned or known, esp. To avoid repetition (e.g. We, their, this, ourselves). [from *pro-1, *noun]
n. Gaseous hydrocarbon used as bottled fuel. [propionic acid: related to *pro-2, greek pion fat]
n. Chem. = *propylene. [from *propane, *alkene]
n. (fem. Prophetess) 1 teacher or interpreter of the supposed will of god.
- a person who foretells events. B spokesman; advocate (prophet of the new order). - (the prophet) muhammad. [greek prophetes spokesman] PROPOSE
v. (-sing) 1 (also absol.) Put forward for consideration or as a plan; suggest.
- (usu. Foll. By to + infin., or verbal noun) intend; purpose (propose to open a cafe). - (usu. Foll. By to) offer oneself in marriage. - nominate (a person) as a member of a society, for an office, etc. propose a toast (or somebody's health) ask people to drink to someone's health. proposer n. [latin pono posit- place] PROSAIC
adj. - like prose, lacking poetic beauty.
- unromantic; dull; commonplace. prosaically adv. [latin: related to *prose] PROSODY
n. - science of versification.
- the study of speech-rhythms. prosodic adj. Prosodist n. [greek pros to: related to *ode]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
A goldfish has a memory span of three seconds.