Sherlock Holmes and his friend Watson were on a camping and hiking trip.
They had gone to bed and were lying there looking up at the sky. Holmes said, "Watson, look up. What do you see?"
"Well, I see thousands of stars."
"And what does that mean to you?"
"Well, I guess it means we will have another nice day tomorrow. What does it mean to you, Holmes?"
"To me, it means someone has stolen our tent."
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
—adj. - in operation; having effect.
- having the main relevance (‘may’ is the operative word). - of or by surgery. —n. Worker, esp. A skilled one. [latin: related to *operate] OPERCULUM
n. (pl. -cula) 1 fish's gill-cover.
- any of various other parts covering or closing an aperture in an animal or plant. [latin operio cover (v.)] OPPORTUNE
adj. - well-chosen or especially favourable (opportune moment).
- (of an action or event) well-timed. [latin opportunus (of the wind) driving towards the *port1] OPPOSABLE
adj. Zool. (of the thumb in primates) capable of facing and touching the other digits on the same hand.
n. Orange-flavoured, usu. Fizzy, drink.
n. Member of a political society formed in 1795 to support protestantism in ireland. [william of orange]
n. (also orang-outang) large reddish-haired long-armed anthropoid ape of the e. Indies. [malay, = wild man]
adj. Formal circular or spherical. [latin orbiculus diminutive of orbis ring]
n. - large group of instrumentalists combining strings, woodwinds, brass, and percussion.
- (in full orchestra pit) part of a theatre etc. Where the orchestra plays, usu. In front of the stage and on a lower level. orchestral adj. [greek, = area for the chorus in drama] ORDINANCE
n. - decree.
- religious rite. [latin: related to *ordain]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
It is possible to lead a cow upstairs...but not downstairs.