The doctor explained to Jenkins that he had a serious ailment for which an operation was absolutely imperative.
The patient turned pale and asked, "Isn’t it very dangerous?"
"Yes," the doctor replied. "Five out of six who undergo this operation die, but as for you, you have nothing to worry about."
"Why not?" eagerly inquired the patient.
"Well, you’re sure to recover because my last five patients died," the doctor reassured him.
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
adj. & adv. Not quite centrally placed.
—adj. - causing offence; insulting.
- disgusting. - a aggressive, attacking. B (of a weapon) for attacking. —n. Aggressive action, attitude, or campaign. offensively adv. Offensiveness n. OFFERTORY
n. (pl. -ies) 1 offering of the bread and wine at the eucharist.
- collection of money at a religious service. [church latin: related to *offer] OFFICIATE
v. (-ting) 1 act in an official capacity.
- conduct a religious service. officiation n. Officiator n. OFFICIOUS
adj. - domineering.
- intrusive in correcting etc. officiously adv. Officiousness n. OFFSCREEN
adj. & adv. Beyond the range of a film camera etc.; when not being filmed.
n. Time of the year when business etc. Is slack.
n. (pl. Same) 1 person's child, children, or descendants.
- animal's young or descendants. - result. [old english: see *off, *spring] OFFSTREET
adj. (esp. Of parking) other than on a street.
var. Of *oil-paint.
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
The world"s largest mammal, the blue whale, weighs 50 tons at birth. Fully grown, it weighs as much as 150 tons.