n. - expression or feeling of opposition or disapproval.
- adverse reason or statement. [latin: related to *object]
—adj. - external to the mind; actually existing.
- dealing with outward things or exhibiting facts uncoloured by feelings or opinions.
- gram. (of a case or word) in the form appropriate to the object. —n. - something sought or aimed at.
- gram. Objective case. objectively adv. Objectivity n. [medieval latin: related to *object]
adj. Unaware or unconscious. obliviously adv. Obliviousness n.
adj. Offensive, objectionable. obnoxiously adv. Obnoxiousness n. [latin noxa injury]
n.pl. Funeral rites. [latin obsequiae]
adj. - acute in taking notice.
- attentive in observance. observantly adv.
n. - obsessing or being obsessed.
- persistent idea dominating a person's mind. obsessional adj. Obsessionally adv.
adj. - stubborn, intractable.
- firmly continuing in one's action or opinion despite advice. obstinacy n. Obstinately adv. [latin obstino persist]
adj. - unpleasantly noticeable.
- obtruding oneself. obtrusively adv. Obtrusiveness n.
n. (us estrogen) 1 sex hormone developing and maintaining female characteristics of the body.
- this produced artificially for use in medicine. [greek oistros frenzy, *-gen]