The couple arrived at the resort. They move into the room.
Wife sees the mouse and starts yelling, "Ah-ah-ah-ah! Mouse! Contact reception, you better know English, and I - full zero."
Husband calls (in English):
- Do you know "Tom and Jerry"?
- Yes, I do.
- So... Jerry is here.
n. Si unit of electrical resistance. [ohm, name of a physicist]
int. Expressing surprise or exultation. [from *o4, *ho]
abbr. Overhead projector.
suffix forming adjectives and nouns, denoting form or resemblance (asteroid; rhomboid; thyroid). [greek eidos form]
of turpentine n. Volatile pungent oil distilled from turpentine, used as a solvent in mixing paints and varnishes, and in medicine.
- rig n. Structure with equipment for drilling an oil well.
- slick n. Patch of oil, esp. On the sea.
- well n. Well from which mineral oil is drawn.
- —n. - any of various viscous, usu. Inflammable liquids insoluble in water (cooking oil; drill for oil).
- (in comb.) Using oil as fuel (oil-heater).
- a (usu. In pl.) = *oil-paint. B picture painted in oil-paints. —v. - apply oil to; lubricate.
- impregnate or treat with oil (oiled silk). oil the wheels help make things go smoothly. [latin oleum olive oil]
adj. (older, oldest) 1 a advanced in age; far on in the natural period of existence. B not young or near its beginning.
- made long ago.
- long in use.
- worn, dilapidated, or shabby from the passage of time.
- having the characteristics of age (child has an old face).
- practised, inveterate (old offender).
- belonging to the past; lingering on; former (old times; old memories; our old house).
- dating from far back; long established or known; ancient, primeval (an old family; old friends; old as the hills).
- (appended to a period of time) of age (is four years old; four-year-old boy; a four-year-old). 10 (of a language) as used in former or earliest times. 11 colloq. As a term of affection or casual reference (good old charlie; old thing). oldish adj. Oldness n. [old english]
- age n. Later part of normal life.
- bill n. Slang 1 the police.
- a policeman.
- boy n. - former male pupil of a school.
- colloq. A elderly man. B (as a form of address) = *old man.
- boy network n. Colloq. Preferment in employment, esp. Of fellow ex-pupils of public schools.
- country n. (prec. By the) native country of colonists etc.
- girl n. - former female pupil of a school.
- colloq. A elderly woman. B affectionate term of address to a girl or woman.
- glory n. Us us national flag.
- gold adj. & n. (as adj. Often hyphenated) dull brownish-gold colour.
- guard n. Original, past, or conservative members of a group.
- hand n. Person with much experience.
- hat adj. Colloq. Hackneyed.
- lady n. Colloq. One's mother or wife.
- maid n. - derog. Elderly unmarried woman.
- prim and fussy person.
- man n. Colloq. - one's husband or father.
- affectionate form of address to a boy or man.
- man's beard n. Wild clematis, with grey fluffy hairs round the seeds.
- master n. - great artist of former times, esp. Of the 13th–17th c. In europe.
- painting by such a painter.
- nick n. Colloq. The devil.
- norse n. - germanic language from which the scandinavian languages are derived.
- language of norway and its colonies until the 14th c.
- school n. Traditional attitudes or people having them.
- school tie n. Excessive loyalty to traditional values and to former pupils of one's own, esp. Public, school.
- soldier n. (also old stager or timer) experienced person.
- style n. Dating reckoned by the julian calendar.
- testament n. Part of the bible containing the scriptures of the hebrews.
- timer var. Of *old soldier.
- wives' tale n. Unscientific belief.
- woman n. Colloq. - one's wife or mother.
- fussy or timid man.
- world n. Europe, asia, and africa.
- year n. Year just ended or ending.
abbr. Ordinary national certificate.
abbr. Ordinary national diploma.
another pron. Each the other or others (as a formula of reciprocity: love one another).
- —adj. - single and integral in number.
- (with a noun implied) a single person or thing of the kind expressed or implied (one of the best; a nasty one).
- particular but undefined, esp. As contrasted with another (that is one view; one night last week).
- only such (the one man who can do it).
- forming a unity (one and undivided).
- identical; the same (of one opinion). —n. - a lowest cardinal number. B thing numbered with it.
- unity; a unit (one is half of two; came in ones and twos).