As the doctor completed an examination of the patient, he said:
- I can"t find a cause for your complaint. Frankly, I think it"s due to drinking.
- In that case, - said the patient, - I"ll come back when you"re sober.
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
n. - singleness.
- uniqueness. - agreement. - sameness. ONEROUS
adj. Burdensome. onerousness n. [latin: related to *onus]
pron. Reflexive and emphatic form of one (kill oneself; do it oneself). be oneself act in one's normal unconstrained manner.
attrib. Adj. Former.
adj. - continuing.
- in progress. ONSHORE
adj. - on the shore.
- (of the wind) blowing landwards from the sea. OPACITY
n. Opaqueness. [latin: related to *opaque]
adj. Opal-like, opalescent.
—n. - aperture or gap.
- opportunity. - beginning; initial part. —attrib. Adj. Initial, first (opening remarks). OPERATE
v. (-ting) 1 work, control.
- be in action; function. - a perform a surgical operation. B conduct a military etc. Action. C be active in business etc. - bring about. [latin operor work: related to *opus]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
A hippopotamus can run faster than a man.