A man went to the Police Station wishing to speak with the burglar who had broken into his house the night before.
"You"ll get your chance in court," said the sergeant.
"No, no no!" said the man. "I want to know how he got into the house without waking my wife. I"ve been trying to do that for years!"
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
n. Pleasure trip, excursion.
—n. - fugitive from the law.
- hist. Person deprived of the protection of the law. —v. - declare (a person) an outlaw. - make illegal; proscribe. OUTLAY
n. - means of exit or escape.
- means of expressing feelings. - a market for goods. B shop (retail outlet). OUTPUT
—n. - amount produced (by a machine, worker, etc.).
- electrical power etc. Delivered by an apparatus. - printout, results, etc. From a computer. - place where energy, information, etc. Leaves a system. —v. (-tt-; past and past part. -put or -putted) (of a computer) supply (results etc.). OUTRUN
v. (-nn-; past -ran; past part. -run) 1 run faster or farther than.
- go beyond (a point or limit). OUTSET
n. at (or from) the outset from the beginning.
v. (-tt-) be too clever for; overcome by greater ingenuity.
v. (-doing; 3rd sing. Present -does; past -did; past part. -done) 1 carry to excess, go too far.
- (esp. As overdone adj.) Overcook. overdo it (or things) colloq. Exhaust oneself.
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
A cow gives nearly 200,000 glasses of milk in her lifetime.