A man met his tailor in the street and stopped him.
"I quite forgot to pay for the suit which I have on now," he said. "Why didn"t you remind me?"
"I never ask a gentleman for money," the tailor replied.
"Then what do you do if he doesn"t pay?"
"Well, after some time I no longer think he is a gentleman and then I ask him."
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
—adj. - containing opium.
- narcotic, soporific. —n. - drug containing opium, usu. To ease pain or induce sleep. - soothing influence. [latin: related to *opium] OPPOSE
v. (-sing) 1 set oneself against; resist; argue or compete against.
- (foll. By to) place in opposition or contrast. as opposed to in contrast with. opposer n. [latin: related to *opponent] OPPUGN
v. Literary controvert, call in question. [latin oppugno fight against]
n.pl. (treated as sing.) Science of light and vision.
n. - a choosing; choice. B thing that is or may be chosen.
- liberty to choose. - right to buy or sell at a specified price within a set time. keep (or leave) one's options open not commit oneself. [latin: related to *opt] ORACLE
n. - a place at which divine advice or prophecy was sought in classical antiquity. B response given. C prophet or prophetess at an oracle.
- person or thing regarded as a source of wisdom etc. - (oracle) propr. Teletext service provided by independent television. oracular adj. [latin oraculum from oro speak] ORANGE
—n. - a roundish reddish-yellow juicy citrus fruit. B tree bearing this.
- its colour. —adj. Orange-coloured. [arabic naranj] ORATOR
n. - person making a formal speech.
- eloquent public speaker. [latin: related to *oration] ORCHID
n. Any of various plants with brilliant flowers. [greek orkhis, originally = testicle]
v. - confer holy orders on.
- decree, order. [latin ordino: related to *order]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
The average life expectancy of an ant is 45-60 days.