A kindergarten teacher was observing her classroom of children while they drew. She would occasionally walk around to see each child’s artwork.
As she got to one little girl who was working diligently, she asked what her drawing was.
The girl replied, "I’m drawing God."
The teacher paused and said, "But no one knows what God looks like."
Without missing a beat, or looking up from her drawing the girl replied, "They will in a minute."
- (often foll. By against) do wrong; transgress. offender n. Offending adj. [latin offendo offens- strike against, displease]
n. - room or building used as a place of business, esp. For clerical or administrative work.
- room or area for a particular business (ticket office).
- local centre of a large business (our london office).
- position with duties attached to it.
- tenure of an official position (hold office).
- (office) quarters, staff, or collective authority of a government department etc. (foreign office).
- duty, task, function.
- (usu. In pl.) Piece of kindness; service (esp. Through the good offices of).
- authorized form of worship. [latin officium from opus work, facio fic- do]
n. More distant part of the sea in view. in the offing not far away; likely to appear or happen soon. [probably from *off]
adj. & adv. - out of tune.
- not quite fitting.
—n. - side-shoot from a plant serving for propagation.
- compensation, consideration or amount diminishing or neutralizing the effect of a contrary one.
- sloping ledge in a wall etc.
- bend in a pipe etc. To carry it past an obstacle.
- (often attrib.) Method of printing in which ink is transferred from a plate or stone to a rubber surface and from there to paper etc. (offset litho). —v. (-setting; past and past part. -set) 1 counterbalance, compensate.
- print by the offset process.
n. Can with a long nozzle for oiling machinery.
pension n. = *retirement pension. old-age pensioner n.
attrib. Adj. Involving or operated by only one man.
—attrib. Adj. Made or done as the only one; not repeated. —n. One-off occurrence, achievement, etc.
adj. Allowing movement, travel, etc., in one direction only.