What is the longest word in the English language? «Smiles». Because there is a mile between its first and last letters!
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
- Cit. Abbr. In the work already quoted. [latin opere citato] - art n. Colloq. = *optical art. [abbreviation] - n. Colloq. Operation. [abbreviation] - see *ob-. OR
suffix forming nouns denoting esp. An agent (actor; escalator) or condition (error; horror). [latin]
- conj. - introducing an alternative (white or black; take it or leave it; whether or not). - introducing an alternative name (the lapwing or peewit). - introducing an afterthought (came in laughing – or was it crying?). - = or else 1 (run or you'll be late). or else 1 otherwise (run, or else you will be late). - colloq. Expressing a warning or threat (be good or else). [old english] - n. Heraldry gold. [latin aurum gold] OS
abbr. - old style.
- ordinary seaman. - ordnance survey. - outsize. - symb. Osmium. OT
abbr. Old testament.
abbr. - open university.
- oxford university. OW
int. Expressing sudden pain. [natural exclamation]
n. (pl. Oxen) 1 large usu. Horned ruminant used for draught, milk, and meat.
- castrated male of a domesticated species of cattle. [old english] OZ
abbr. Ounce(s). [italian onza ounce]
n. (pl. -s) 1 awkward lout.
- stupid person. oafish adj. Oafishly adv. Oafishness n. [old norse: related to *elf] OAK
n. - acorn-bearing tree with lobed leaves.
- its durable wood. - (attrib.) Of oak. - (the oaks) (treated as sing.) Annual race at epsom for fillies. [old english]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
Crocodiles and alligators are surprisingly fast on land. Although they are rapid, they are not agile; so if you ever find yourself chased by one, run in a zigzag line. You"ll lose him or her every time.