—n. - member of the chief ethnic group in hungary.
- their language. —adj. Of this people. [native name]
n. (in india etc.) Elephant-driver. [hindi from sanskrit]
n. - a archaic or poet. Girl; young unmarried woman. B (attrib.) Unmarried (maiden aunt).
- = *maiden over.
- (attrib.) (of a female animal) unmated.
- (often attrib.) A horse that has never won a race. B race open only to such horses.
- (attrib.) First (maiden speech; maiden voyage). maidenhood n. Maidenly adj. [old english]
- name n. Woman's surname before marriage.
- over n. Over in cricket in which no runs are scored.
adv. Mostly; chiefly.
n. - cosmetics, as used generally or by actors.
- character, temperament, etc.
- composition (of a thing).
n. (in pl.) 1 earnings; profit.
- essential qualities or ingredients (has the makings of a pilot). be the making of ensure the success of. In the making in the course of being made or formed. [old english: related to *make]
n. (pl. -ies) ailment, disease. [french malade sick]
aforethought n. Law intention to commit a crime, esp. Murder.
- n. - desire to harm or cause difficulty to others; ill-will.
- law harmful intent. [latin malus bad]
—adj. - (of a thing) injurious.
- (of a disease) malignant.
- malevolent. —v. Speak ill of; slander. malignity n. [latin malus bad]
n. - hammer, usu. Of wood.
- implement for striking a croquet or polo ball. [latin malleus hammer]