Once Holmes was visited by the person with a request for help. He was in a worn suit, a shirt with shabby cuffs and an old top head on his head. Holmes refused to help him. When the man left, disappointed Watson jumped on his friend:
- Sherlock, you are a great detective. How could you refuse to help the poor man?
- My dear friend, he was not absolutely poor. It his purse there was 115 pounds and 25 pence.
- But how do you know ?
- It is elementary, Buddy. Let’s count it together.
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
adj. Kind or tender like a mother. motherliness n.
v. (-ting) 1 supply a motive to; be the motive of.
- cause (a person) to act in a particular way. - stimulate the interest of (a person in an activity). motivation n. Motivational adj. MOTORIST
n. Driver of a car.
v. (also -ise) (-zing or -sing) 1 equip with motor transport.
- provide with a motor. MOTORMAN
n. Driver of an underground train, tram, etc.
n. Road for fast travel, with separate carriageways and limited access.
n. (us molding) 1 ornamentally shaped outline of plaster etc. As an architectural feature, esp. In a cornice.
- similar feature in woodwork etc. MOUNTAIN
ash n. Tree with scarlet berries; rowan.
- bike n. Sturdy bike with many gears for riding over rough terrain. - lion n. Puma. - n. - large abrupt natural elevation of the ground. - large heap or pile; huge quantity. - large surplus stock (butter mountain). make a mountain out of a molehill see *molehill. [latin: related to *mount2] - range n. Continuous line of mountains. - sickness n. Sickness caused by thin air at great heights. MOUNTING
n. - = *mount1 n. 1.
- in senses of *mount1 v. MOURNFUL
adj. Doleful, sad, expressing mourning. mournfully adv. Mournfulness n.
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
The pet ferret was domesticated more than 500 years before the house cat.