Sherlock Holmes and his friend Watson were on a camping and hiking trip.
They had gone to bed and were lying there looking up at the sky. Holmes said, "Watson, look up. What do you see?"
"Well, I see thousands of stars."
"And what does that mean to you?"
"Well, I guess it means we will have another nice day tomorrow. What does it mean to you, Holmes?"
"To me, it means someone has stolen our tent."
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
n. Band of tough fibrous tissue linking bones. [latin ligo bind]
—n. - tie or bandage.
- mus. Slur, tie. - two or more letters joined, e.g. Æ. - bond; thing that unites. —v. (-ring) bind or connect with a ligature. [latin ligo bind] LIGHTING
n. - equipment in a room or street etc. For producing light.
- arrangement or effect of lights. LIGNEOUS
adj. - (of a plant) woody.
- of the nature of wood. [latin lignum wood] LIKEABLE
adj. (also likable) pleasant; easy to like. likeably adv.
n. - (usu. Foll. By between, to) resemblance.
- (foll. By of) semblance or guise (in the likeness of a ghost). - portrait, representation. LIKEWISE
adv. - also, moreover.
- similarly (do likewise). LIMEKILN
n. Kiln for heating limestone.
n. Humorous five-line verse with a rhyme-scheme aabba. [origin uncertain]
n. - pin passed through an axle-end to keep a wheel in position.
- person or thing vital to an organization etc. [old english lynis = axle-tree]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
The cockroach has a high resistance to radiation and is the creature most likely to survive a nuclear war.