At a local coffee bar, a young woman was expounding on her idea of the perfect mate to some of her friends.
"The man I marry must be a shining light amongst company. He must be musical. Tell jokes. Sing. And stay home at night!"
An old granny overheard and spoke up, "Honey, if that"s all you want, get a TV!"
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
n. Scot. Landed proprietor. [from *lord]
n. Lay people, as distinct from the clergy. [from *lay2]
—n. Long spear, esp. One used by a horseman. —v. (-cing) 1 prick or cut open with a lancet.
- pierce with a lance. [french from latin] LANKY
adj. (-ier, -iest) ungracefully thin and long or tall. lankiness n.
n. Part of either side of a coat-front etc., folded back against itself. [from *lap1]
lazuli n. - blue mineral used as a gemstone.
- bright blue pigment. - its colour. [related to *lapidary, *azure] LAPSE
—n. - slight error; slip of memory etc.
- weak or careless decline into an inferior state. - (foll. By of) passage of time. —v. (-sing) 1 fail to maintain a position or standard. - (foll. By into) fall back into an inferior or previous state. - (of a right or privilege etc.) Become invalid through disuse, failure to renew, etc. - (as lapsed adj.) That has lapsed. [latin lapsus from labor laps- slip] LARCH
n. - deciduous coniferous tree with bright foliage.
- its wood. [latin larix -icis] LARDY
adj. Like lard.
adj. - of relatively great size or extent.
- of the larger kind (large intestine). - comprehensive. - pursuing an activity on a large scale (large farmer). at large 1 at liberty. - as a body or whole. - at full length, with all details. largeness n. Largish adj. [latin largus copious] - as life adj. Colloq. In person, esp. Prominently.
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
Ostriches live about 75 years and can reproduce for 50 years.