The doctor explained to Jenkins that he had a serious ailment for which an operation was absolutely imperative.
The patient turned pale and asked, "Isn’t it very dangerous?"
"Yes," the doctor replied. "Five out of six who undergo this operation die, but as for you, you have nothing to worry about."
"Why not?" eagerly inquired the patient.
"Well, you’re sure to recover because my last five patients died," the doctor reassured him.
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
n. Scot. Landed proprietor. [from *lord]
n. Lay people, as distinct from the clergy. [from *lay2]
—n. Long spear, esp. One used by a horseman. —v. (-cing) 1 prick or cut open with a lancet.
- pierce with a lance. [french from latin] LANKY
adj. (-ier, -iest) ungracefully thin and long or tall. lankiness n.
n. Part of either side of a coat-front etc., folded back against itself. [from *lap1]
lazuli n. - blue mineral used as a gemstone.
- bright blue pigment. - its colour. [related to *lapidary, *azure] LAPSE
—n. - slight error; slip of memory etc.
- weak or careless decline into an inferior state. - (foll. By of) passage of time. —v. (-sing) 1 fail to maintain a position or standard. - (foll. By into) fall back into an inferior or previous state. - (of a right or privilege etc.) Become invalid through disuse, failure to renew, etc. - (as lapsed adj.) That has lapsed. [latin lapsus from labor laps- slip] LARCH
n. - deciduous coniferous tree with bright foliage.
- its wood. [latin larix -icis] LARDY
adj. Like lard.
adj. - of relatively great size or extent.
- of the larger kind (large intestine). - comprehensive. - pursuing an activity on a large scale (large farmer). at large 1 at liberty. - as a body or whole. - at full length, with all details. largeness n. Largish adj. [latin largus copious] - as life adj. Colloq. In person, esp. Prominently.
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
The porpoise is second to man as the most intelligent animal on the planet.