adj. - suggesting that one has inside information (a knowing look).
- showing knowledge; shrewd.
sandwich n. Slang punch in the mouth.
- —n. - bone at a finger-joint, esp. That connecting the finger to the hand.
- a knee- or ankle-joint of a quadruped. B this as a joint of meat, esp. Of bacon or pork. —v. (-ling) strike, press, or rub with the knuckles. knuckle down (often foll. By to) 1 apply oneself seriously (to a task etc.).
- (also knuckle under) give in; submit. [low german or dutch diminutive of knoke bone]
n. Collective farm in the ussr. [russian]
n. - (the kremlin) a citadel in moscow. B russian government housed within it.
- citadel within a russian town. [russian]
n. Inert gaseous element used in fluorescent lamps etc. [greek krupto hide]
n. (also cumquat) 1 small orange-like fruit.
- shrub or small tree yielding this. [chinese kin kU gold orange]
n. Scot. Kitchen garden.
—n. Hist. - explosive-laden japanese aircraft deliberately crashed on a ship etc. During the war of 1939–45.