What is the longest word in the English language? «Smiles». Because there is a mile between its first and last letters!
||Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with: J
Found: 289 results
abbr. Justice of the peace.
—v. (-bb-) 1 a poke roughly. B stab.
- (foll. By into) thrust (a thing) hard or abruptly. —n. - abrupt blow, thrust, or stab.
- colloq. Hypodermic injection. [var. Of job = prod]
—n. Sharp projection of rock etc. —v. (-gg-) 1 cut or tear unevenly.
- make indentations in. [imitative]
- n. Slang 1 drinking bout.
- period of indulgence in an activity, emotion, etc. [originally dial., = load]
—v. (-mm-) 1 a (usu. Foll. By into, together, etc.) Squeeze, cram, or wedge into a space. B become wedged.
- cause (machinery etc.) To become wedged or (of machinery etc.) Become wedged and unworkable.
- a block (a passage, road, etc.) By crowding etc. B (foll. By in) obstruct the exit of (was jammed in).
- (usu. Foll. By on) apply (brakes etc.) Forcefully or abruptly.
- make (a radio transmission) unintelligible by interference.
- colloq. (in jazz etc.) Improvise with other musicians. —n. - squeeze, crush.
- crowded mass (traffic jam).
- colloq. Predicament.
- stoppage (of a machine etc.) Due to jamming.
- (in full jam session) colloq. (in jazz etc.) Improvised ensemble playing. [imitative]
- n. - conserve of boiled fruit and sugar.
- colloq. Easy or pleasant thing (money for jam). jam tomorrow promise of future treats etc. That never materialize. [perhaps from *jam1]
n. & adj. Colloq. Often offens. = *japanese. [abbreviation]
n. - a container, usu. Of glass and cylindrical. B contents of this.
- colloq. Glass of beer. [french from arabic]
- —v. (-rr-) 1 (often foll. By on) (of sound, manner, etc.) Sound discordant, grate (on the nerves etc.).
- a (often foll. By against, on) (cause to) strike (esp. Part of the body) with vibration or shock (jarred his neck). B vibrate with shock etc.
- (often foll. By with) be at variance or in conflict. —n. - jarring sound or sensation.
- physical shock or jolt. [imitative]
- n. on the jar ajar. [obsolete char turn: see *ajar, *char2]
—n. - a upper or lower bony structure in vertebrates containing the teeth. B corresponding parts of certain invertebrates.
- a (in pl.) The mouth with its bones and teeth. B narrow mouth of a valley, channel, etc. C gripping parts of a tool etc. D grip (jaws of death).
- colloq. Tedious talk (hold your jaw). —v. Colloq. Speak, esp. At tedious length. [french]
n. Noisy european bird of the crow family with vivid plumage. [latin gaius, gaia, perhaps from the name gaius: cf. Jackdaw, robin]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
Polar bears are left handed.