The doctor explained to Jenkins that he had a serious ailment for which an operation was absolutely imperative.
The patient turned pale and asked, "Isn’t it very dangerous?"
"Yes," the doctor replied. "Five out of six who undergo this operation die, but as for you, you have nothing to worry about."
"Why not?" eagerly inquired the patient.
"Well, you’re sure to recover because my last five patients died," the doctor reassured him.
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
adj. - having or showing intelligence, esp. Of a high level.
- clever. intelligently adv. [latin intelligo -lect- understand] INTEMPERATE
adj. - immoderate.
- a given to excessive drinking of alcohol. B excessively indulgent in one's appetites. intemperance n. INTENSIFIER
n. - thing that makes something more intense.
- word or prefix used to give force or emphasis, e.g. Thundering in a thundering nuisance. INTENTIONAL
adj. Done on purpose. intentionally adv.
adj. - reciprocally active.
- (of a computer or other electronic device) allowing a two-way flow of information between it and a user. interactively adv. INTERCALARY
attrib. Adj. - a (of a day or a month) inserted in the calendar to harmonize it with the solar year. B (of a year) having such an addition.
- interpolated. [latin calo proclaim] INTERCHANGE
—v. (-ging) 1 (of two people) exchange (things) with each other.
- put each of (two things) in the other's place; alternate. —n. - (often foll. By of) exchange between two people etc. - alternation. - road junction where traffic streams do not cross. INTERCOURSE
n. - communication or dealings between individuals, nations, etc.
- = *sexual intercourse. [latin: related to *course] INTERESTING
adj. Causing curiosity; holding the attention. interestingly adv.
n. Stiffish material between two layers of fabric in collars etc.
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
The female lion does more than 90% of the hunting while the male simply prefers to rest.