adj. - unconscious.
- (usu. Foll. By of, to) unaware (insensible of her needs).
- too small or gradual to be perceived. insensibility n. Insensibly adv.
adj. Not sentient; inanimate.
n. Intemperance, esp. In drinking.
adj. Carefree; unconcerned. insouciance n. [french souci care]
n. (us installment) 1 any of several usu. Equal payments for something.
- any of several parts, esp. Of a broadcast or published story. [anglo-french estaler fix]
n. - tool or implement, esp. For delicate or scientific work.
- (in full musical instrument) device for producing musical sounds.
- a thing used in performing an action. B person made use of.
- measuring-device, esp. In an aeroplane.
- formal, esp. Legal, document. [latin instrumentum: related to *instruct]
—adj. - unable to be touched.
- unable to be grasped mentally. —n. Thing that cannot be precisely assessed or defined. intangibility n. Intangibly adv. [latin: related to *intact]
circuit n. Electronics small chip etc. Of material replacing several separate components in a conventional electronic circuit.
n. Natural outer covering, as a skin, husk, rind, etc. [latin tego cover]
v. (past and past part. -bred) 1 (cause to) breed with members of a different race or species to produce a hybrid.
- breed within one family etc.